1.6K views

When i bought a clutch with a life time warrant i was told I did not need to keep the receipt because the information was in the computer. When i took it back for a replacement the store where i bought it was closed and moved so i went to another store they told me i needed the receipt. THE clutch was 435 dollars. For a poor country boy that is a lot of money.

I lost my job because i had no way to get to work

By broke down unemployed in Mississippi with no money

Comments

PEP BOYS IS ONE PLACE TO RUN FROM. GREEDY.

GROUCHY. GOUGERS.

GRUESOME. GOOFBALLS WITH WARRANTIES.

In December 2009 I purchased a ProStart alternator with "Limited Lifetime Waranty"

It died today and I went to the PepBoys web site looking to see what "Limited" means. I could not get the page to load so I took the alternator to the store with the purchase recipt. They tested the bad one and then handed me a new one with no problems at all.

Everyone writes when they have problems, this was a good one for a change

#202624

the pep boys manager in cinnaminson nj

on route 130 needs to go university

and take a human relation class,this guy is very unprofesional

*** is a very hot place..mike odell...just saying...

Pepboys eats FREE parts everyday - esp from all my SAVED receipts that I keep religiously!!

Years ago they even started using that fade away cash register receipt paper - like a lot of other stores use as well.

That part was their biggest downfall, as all you - the consumer - have to do is write with an ink pen on the receipt what it was for and the date as for your own record. Pepboys can then STRAIN their beady little eyes and try to prove otherwise, which they always have to EAT IT with me, and then they are pissed when it's a LEGIT receipt and they eat the FREE parts once more!!

I just loved changing my FREE brake pads until I upgraded to CERAMIC pads years ago. I also loved changing out the shocks for FREE on my 1993 Ford XPLR, as it always rides like a Caddy every 25-30K miles in-between the FREE parts!!

Same goes for the radiator, thermostat, locking gas cap, blower motor, calipers, for the most part the battery, and a host of other stuff that I still have all the receipts for!

God I love Pepboys! FREE stuff that is!

Gotta save those receipts, as I trust NO ONE on just their word anymore!

PEOPLE'S COURT will back that part up as well.

had a state inspection on oct 19 and had to call va state police on pepboys to pass the inspection

I think the best thing for me to do is buy a spot in a national paper with this comment.

thanks for the $435.00 we neeeded it more then you. Anyone else with some money?????????? :?
to mike odell president of pepboy #1139393