Went in to pep boys after call for a price on a battery .Price was 64.99 with a 10.00 installion fee on the phone .Finish price was 129.07.They charge 49.00 to install the battery plus a shop fee.What a joke.

When I went to pay they refused my check.

The check is good which legal tender.But the manage told me they were not accepting the check but were not taking it .what a joke.Give me a card with the name certegy .They refuse the check so I call they .They told me it was a computer flag so them declined it .But the customer service person told me the check was good .Great after I charge it from the same account.They make feel like a theft.

Review about: Pep Boys Installation.

Had an Experience with Pep Boys?

Comments

WHAT KIND OF CAR WAS IT??? MAYBE IT WAS A DIFFICULT BATTERY INSTALLATION?? IF IT WAS JUST 10 DOLLARS AND EASY WHY DID'NT YOU DO IT YOURSELF????

IF A COMPANY DECLINES A CHECK THROUGH CERTEGY THAT MEANS THAY CAN'T TAKE THE CHECK BECAUSE IT'S A LOSE TO THEM ITS NOT THAT THEY THINK YOU ARE GOING TO BOUNCE A CHECK AND NOT PAY COME ON BE REAL DORK!!!

Sorry Certegy declined your check do to your record. If Pepboys took it certegy would back it and it would be a complete lose and besides people don't use checks anymore with out reason like a cancel payment.

And maybe Hackboys will stop taking cash too. That sounds like the kind of decision that would come out of their clown management staff.

:grin maybe you are a theft. that doesn't understand anything and who writes checks anymore. time to get out of the old days and into the future.