This is not so much a complaint as it is a question.I was a customer in Pep Boys of York, PA for routine car inspection and emissions.

The mechanic required that he change my standard white color bulbs in my parking lights to amber color bulbs. Just to clarify, my white bulb was a standard bulb (NOT an ultra bright white or LED bulb). All my reading tells me that parking lights may be equipped with white OR amber bulbs. I am writing PennDOT to inquire.

Does anyone have any information on PA statute regarding parking lights? (My car is a 1997.

Parking lights are NOT turn signals nor "daytime running headlights".They are on the same switch that control your night time head lights but are half way between night headlights and off).

Had an Experience with Pep Boys?

Comments

I wrote to PennDOT and received a phone call from then in response. Parking lights may be either white or amber. The PennDOT rep said he would contact pep boys to inform them.

resoh02

I would think if the bulbs came as standard equipment on the vehicle it should be fine. As the mechanic to should you the the law requiring amber lights. I think you got dupped.

Pep Boys - Shoddy Work, Pitiful Management Pep Boys "I took my car into PepBoys of Athens, Alabama last December (2014) to get a timing belt job done on my 1997 Honda Civic. Everything seemed well until this..." Read more Pep Boys Car Service Review from Fort Worth, Texas Pep Boys "I went to go and get my car assesed by Pep Boys, they said that they would evaluate the damage and would charge me x amount of money for it...." Read more Terrible Service at Pep Boys Pep Boys "I took my Dodge Durango to Pep Boys on May 6th. The store location is 902 N. Imperial Ave. in El Centro, Ca, phone number (760)353-8565. I started with the..." Read more WHEEL FELL OFF VEHICLE AFTER PEP BOYS INSTALLED SET OF TIRES Pep Boys "My 17 year old was driving his Isuzu Trooper after we had set of 4 tires installed and the right front wheel came completely off. Good thing he was only..." Read more Phoenix Life - Whole life policy was set for 10 years, 27 years and still have to pay premiums! Phoenix Life "In Sept 1990 myself and spouse both started whole life policies (#116...) that were projected to be self sufficient in 10 years. Projections kept getting moved back ... with the..." Read more Little Caesars - Liars Little Caesars "My husband and i just went through the little caesars on Reynolds Road in Bryant. We ordered one order of crazy bread extra butter and Parmesan and a deep dish..." Read more SkyCaddie / SkyTrak / SkyGolf.... Horrible Customer Service Skygolf "I recently had a shoulder injury that would require surgery and a 6 month recovery time frame. I have been a customer of SkyCaddie /SkyGolf for numerous years, owning all..." Read more Gifttree - Terrible service, embarrassing product! Gifttree "Gifttree provides terrible service and a completely embarrassing product! I wish I had read the reviews before ordering flowers for my mom's birthday through this company! I paid extra to..." Read more