Update added by user Mar 05
The repair shop that repaired my vehicle said wheel lug nuts were not torqued right, causing it to fall off.Damages were broken lower ball joint, rotor, all 6 studs broken off, arm bent. They said it takes time for wheel to loosen, maybe up to several months in some cases.
Pep Boys said they were not at fault because it would have fell off before I got out of parking lot if it was not torqued right.
A few days later I took my vehicle to Goodyear to have checked out because tires were getting worn on outside tread. They said that it was so far out of alignment that it would not register on their computer. I told them I had it aligned when I had tires installed at Pep Boys, they said there was no way it had not been aligned in a long time. They said shims were dirty and hadn't been moved, and they could tell it hadn't been done.
I had them check the other wheels because I wanted it safe. Pep boys had also replaced 2 lug studs when they had put tires on. Goodyear found that the hub was not put back together right, studs were not put in flush and therefore were not torqued right. They said eventually that wheel would have worked its way back off and fell off also just like the other had.
Pep Boys had also replaced studs on the previous side that the wheel had already fallen off, if they didn't put the other studs in right stands to reason those were put in the same. Goodyear fixed Pep Boys mess and aligned my vehicle and guess what no more vibration. Goodyear has put their findings in writing so my next step is an attorney.
Pep Boys has shown negligence and therefore putting my family's safety in jeopardy.
Original review posted by user Feb 23
My 17 year old was driving his Isuzu Trooper after we had set of 4 tires installed and the right front wheel came completely off.Good thing he was only going 40 mph and managed to get car pulled over out of traffic.
Pep boys claims no responsibility and will not pay for damage to vehicle of 589.00. WILL NEVER RETURN TO PEP BOYS! I have contacted customer service and put in complaint. I received a call from a regional manager named Ken bates who was a smartass and never returned calls.
I called claims dept.
several times no return call.Pep Boys gives you a DEAD END no response service.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Being treated with disrespect
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tire Installation
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Had a pick-up truck's windshield repaired by them only to find out they use an answering service for calls, no manager/supervisor, no complaint department, and their techs SUCK!!! They left goo..."
- "We purchased a bumper for our car. Macco was to paint it. They charged us $15 extra for buying our own parts. When we went to pick..."
- "Problems: Dropped of 2004 Nissan Titan on 12/9 to have it painted Nissan white Q10. Agreed upon price $1,375. Was told work would be completed by Friday 12/13. Placed call..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "1990 Chickasha Dr. Pfafftown, NC 27040 October 27, 2016 Patient Relations Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157 To Whom It May Concern: Let me first say that I have almost..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."
- " I ordered a frame that looked okay online in July of 2016. The first frame had a scratch on the rim. Returned it. It just sat..."