WHEEL FELL OFF VEHICLE AFTER PEP BOYS INSTALLED SET OF TIRES
Update added by user Mar 05
The repair shop that repaired my vehicle said wheel lug nuts were not torqued right, causing it to fall off.Damages were broken lower ball joint, rotor, all 6 studs broken off, arm bent. They said it takes time for wheel to loosen, maybe up to several months in some cases.
Pep Boys said they were not at fault because it would have fell off before I got out of parking lot if it was not torqued right.
A few days later I took my vehicle to Goodyear to have checked out because tires were getting worn on outside tread. They said that it was so far out of alignment that it would not register on their computer. I told them I had it aligned when I had tires installed at Pep Boys, they said there was no way it had not been aligned in a long time. They said shims were dirty and hadn't been moved, and they could tell it hadn't been done.
I had them check the other wheels because I wanted it safe. Pep boys had also replaced 2 lug studs when they had put tires on. Goodyear found that the hub was not put back together right, studs were not put in flush and therefore were not torqued right. They said eventually that wheel would have worked its way back off and fell off also just like the other had.
Pep Boys had also replaced studs on the previous side that the wheel had already fallen off, if they didn't put the other studs in right stands to reason those were put in the same. Goodyear fixed Pep Boys mess and aligned my vehicle and guess what no more vibration. Goodyear has put their findings in writing so my next step is an attorney.
Pep Boys has shown negligence and therefore putting my family's safety in jeopardy.
Original review posted by user Feb 23
My 17 year old was driving his Isuzu Trooper after we had set of 4 tires installed and the right front wheel came completely off.Good thing he was only going 40 mph and managed to get car pulled over out of traffic.
Pep boys claims no responsibility and will not pay for damage to vehicle of 589.00. WILL NEVER RETURN TO PEP BOYS! I have contacted customer service and put in complaint. I received a call from a regional manager named Ken bates who was a smartass and never returned calls.
I called claims dept.
several times no return call.Pep Boys gives you a DEAD END no response service.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Being treated with disrespect
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tire Installation
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Had Hercules H-902 on a 5th wheel. Not overloaded, in fact, a very easy job for a tire that claims such a high working load. Then on a clean, dry..."
- "My father went in one day to get his truck's tires aligned and the truck was dropped. Not only were there external damages, but also internal. They had promised him..."
- "I usually don't write many reviews but I thought that my poor experience yesterday at Ziebart in Henrietta was worth writing about. I first became acquainted with Ziebart when I..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "THIS REVIEW HELPS YOU GET YOUR REFUND BACK!! WHEN YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION, FIGHTING WITH BAD SELLERS, AND ALIEXPRESS WOULD WANT TO CLOSE YOUR EASE IN SELLER'S FAVOR!!..."
- " Disgusted with this company. I'd just set up my own Ltd company, and being completely naive and trusting, I was told by a rather smug *** scammer known as..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."