Orwell, Ohio

Earlier today I went to pepboys near the Eastwood Mall in Niles. I had shopped at that location previously and the service was O.K. at best. I ran a small business in the auto industry and thought they were alright to buy tires from.i've changed my mind. I went in the store to buy a simple tire, a 175/70r13. There should have been no problem. WRONG! I walked in and was greeted by a service man in a few minutes. That was the only plus. The price was right on the tire so I headed to the front to pay and pick it up.By the time i got to the front the tire had raised ten dollars in price for "processing". I was not having the tire installed i just wanted it to go. No one could explain how that happens but the ten was taken off after fifteen minutes of pecking at a computer screen. I payed for the tire. I waited.

and waited.and waited.

then the receipt.A $1.00 handling fee they say is tax for the governor.Then I wait and wait.

They stand and b.s. while I wait. Oh here it is, lunch. They're eating, i'm waiting. Finally the tire must've arrived from china on a slow boat after rude comments poor service and almost being overcharged for handling? How many people pay this fee without looking at the bill? Where does that 1.00 go, is it really to the governor? Why doesn't this fee apply at other places. Pepboys is a ripoff and service is poor and i'll be sure and file with Everyone I know.

Had an Experience with Pep Boys?

Comments

On every tire work order, whether it is carry out or installed, there is at least one instance of a handling charge or recycling tax, which is different in each state.This charge is non-negotiable.

It is a pre-emptive recycling fee charged by the state.

The ten dollars that " magically" appeared is the carry-out package, which includes the road hazard protection for the tire.

Waving that protection before the invoice is completed and sent to the register is easy to do.If invoiced with it and denied afterward before paying, a manager's code is needed to void it from the order.

Derby, Vermont, United States #23297

I KNOW IN OHIO THE STATE DOES CHARGE 1 DOLAR PER TIRE FOR A STATE TIRE TAX THAT GOES TOWARD THE ROADS