6581 Steubenville Pike, Crafton, PA 15205, USA

The Manager at Pepboys in Robinson Twp was extremely rude and unprofessional when he refused to exchange a $15 unit of auto Touch-Up paint that, contained no paint!! He accused me of being dishonest and ordered me out of the store.

On Sunday Feb 12 at about noon I purchased the paint for my 2011 Buick LaCross. I told the clerk I was concerned about the color match and he said "don't worry, if it's not right we can exchange it." Tried to use it on Sat Feb 18 after a week of rain and cold weather. Upon opening the small plastic bottle, with pliers, I found it to be painted shut with paint around the threads of the bottle. There was no paint inside, only a few drops of oil in the bottom.

On Sun Feb 19 at around noon I returned to the store and attempted to exchange the item for one that actually contained paint. It was a different clerk, who claimed to be the manager. He said there are no returns on this type of item and accused me of trying to return an item that I had used. (I wanted to exchange, not return).

He asked why I did not return it right away, not after 7 days. I tried to explain why, I even offered to let him see the vehicle and inspect where I had tried to use the product. He shut me down and would not let me explain and said very rudely "please leave the store". Now Pepboys has my $15 and I have ***.

I left, very angry, and believe me I will never return. This man is a menace to his customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Paint.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments