I went into Pep Boys for a problem with my brakes.First they tried to say they couldn't find a key that unlocks the wheels.

I specifically asked them if they checked the glove compartment. They said yes, they have checked everywhere. I told them I would call them back. I went up there unannounced, looked myself, and my husband found the key in the glove compartment in 2 seconds, and a spare!

They would have charged me $180 for that.

Then they quoted me a price of well over $500.I said never mind and took my car elsewhere, where they did provided the service for $180.

Had an Experience with Pep Boys?

Comments

I HAD MY BRAKES REPLACED ..EVERSINCE I COULD NOT FIG.OUT FIRST WHY MY CAR WAS GETTING LOUDER AND I HAD A LEAK THEY GAVE ME A FREE OIL CHANGE...I BROUGHT THE CAR 2 TIMES BACK THE MGR SAID THERE IS NO LEAK ...?IN APRIL I BOUGHT 2 TIRES ..THEY SAID THEY COULD NOT FIND MU LOCK /.IT WAS IN THE GLOVECOMP.

I TOLD THEM ...????9/THEY DID A SWITCH AND BAT-

THE ONE GUY TOOK MY GOOD ONE AND PUT IT IN HIS OVERALL I SAW IT -- I DONT LEAVE MY CAR --THE NEXT GUY SAID LADY YOUR LOCK IS BROKEN SEEE...I LOOKED ..IT WAS FINE IT WAS A DIFFERNT LOCK..

THEN HE CAME BACK ..AND SAID ITS BROCKEN ..SEE..WE CANT LOCK YOUR TIRES ..I AM OLD MY SUGALEVEL WAS HIGH ..I WENT HOME ..THE NEXT AND SINCE THEN BOTH TIRES GETTING FLAT EVERY FEW DAYS IT SEEMS THE TIRES ARE TOO SMALL AND DONT FIT THE RIMS ..THE CAR STILL LEAKS ANDDDDDDD..MY AC SWITCH DOESNT WORK..FOUND OUT THAT DAY HE CHANGED THE TIRES I SAW THE HOLE IN MY CAT/CONVERTER//WHY DID THEY NOT SAY ANYTHING THE FIRST TIME..

IT SEEMS ..THERE ARE NO HONEST GARAGE OR MECHANICH IN THIS COUNTRY THEY SEE A WOMAN AND RIPP OFF..SIGN..ITS A SHAME..

another pissed man is tried to trick me

They stripped my oil pan drain plug and broke the nut welded inside.They said they would replace the oil pan for free since they screwed it up.After 10 hours I came to pick up my truck with a (new oil pan) 5000 miles later I had the opil changed and found out Pep Boys only welded a new nut onto my OLD pan and dint replace it.

Thyey LIED for 8 hours and left me with needind a new pan.We will NEVER use them again.

Dear Tried to trick me

Service employees ARE NOT ALLOWED to go through YOUR car to find ANYTHING, PERIOD. It is customer responsibility to make items like these available to the employee

EastVPTDub

Women typically don't know how to use keys. She should have stayed home and baked a cake while her husband went to the store.

FIRST YOU SAID "I went up there unannounced, looked myself, and my husband found the key in the glove compartment in 2 seconds, and a spare!" THEN YOU SAID "I said never mind and took my car

elsewhere, where they did provided the service for $180." SOUNDS LIKE YOUR AN ***!