Raleigh, North Carolina

For the second time in a year, I have dropped my vehicle off to have it serviced for the check engine light. The first time I dropped it off, they kept it for 3 weeks with no update.

I finally had to call them. They kept it an additional week to fix the problem. After I had it a week, I had to take it back because the part was faulty. I vowed not to use them again except I have a credit line with GE money for them.

Yesterday I took it back to see why the check engine light was on, the technician called me at 9:40am to give me the status of my vehicle and said he would call back with more information. Needless to say, I received no phone call. It is the next day at 1:00pm when I decided I would call them. The technician was put on the phone to tell me they may have to send my vehicle to the dealership.

Wouldn't that be something he could have called the day before to inform me. All I'm saying is their customer service sucks!! If a business tells you they will call you, that is what they should do, right? I mean even if they don't have an answer for you.

I do not appreciate spending money with a business who notoriously operates in this manner. No one at this PEP BOYS location seems to care. They open 5 minutes late and then it take 2 or 3 more minutes for them to log in that they actually showed up for work. I have to deal with this company because other companies in the area do not have a credit line for one to establish.

Can I please contact Mike Odell personally to rectify my complaint? I mean, I could go on and on on this complaint site, but I'm afraid my complaint will just be one of many in the bunch.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Customer Care.

Comments

you can press prompt# 7 if you call the store- that will get you to the store mngr automatically

credit line? hahahaha what are you at a bar?.... :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

chip_hewett
#411995

Thanks for the valuable info. I think I can find another source for automotive care

A Joe, what are you some little child on the playground? Liar, liar pants on fire?

You were on of those bullies weren't you? Your mommy didn't show you she loved you enough, huh? I know, I know poor baby. It's *** like you who are meaningless to the world we live in and thanks to the internet, you don't have to be seen to make your pathetic comments.

Thank god for the internet because if you made these comments to me in my face, your *** would be busted!!! *** and the ship you brought my ancestors here on.

You have 4 cars and can only get credit at Pepboys? Sounds like you need to sell 1.

Liar liar pants on fire. :grin

@ Joe, FYI I have multiple vehicles so the problem at hand was just a problem with that particular vehicle. I was not put out with not having 4 more vehicles to get around.

I used this site because I wanted to let consumers know the unreliable manner this particular business operates so that consumers who are not a fortunate as I could be informed so they don't take their only vehicle in for repair expecting to get it back in a timely manner.

@ Urmom, are you upset because you don't have a line of credit anywhere? You FAIL as well!!!

You left your car somewhere for 3 weeks and YOU didn't think to pick up the phone? Liar Liar Pants on Fire. :x

A credit line is not a good enough reason to return to a shop that can't fix your vehicle. You fail.