Stone Mountain, Georgia
3.7K views

Pep Boys service advisors are being pressured to ripp customers off for upper management. This place is pure evil.

We are constanly pressured to seel alignments and the mechanics are forced to performed alignments on cars that have worn suspension parts-if the customer complains it easy to do a refund-as long as the sale was made its goes on record as 1 alignment sold and upper management is happy. Advisors are being to sell brakes packages that includes services the customer may not need or be interested in.

Beware of the proline oil filters-many are defective and Pep Boys choose to ignore the problem. The free oil change with 2 tire purchase is using recycled oil-not a major name brand.

Comments

I have used Pep boys for 7 years for service and for the most part have been very satisfied with their service department. I am not an employee, nor have I been paid to write this.

Cars today are so complicated that it is easy to think we're being ripped off. Compared to the dealerships I am getting a good deal with pepboys.

#209712

Alot of the problem with the service writters is poor training. The other half, which in my experience as an employee seems to be an overall issue not limited to the service department itself, is the lack of "in store" management control. You can't just fire somebody. Yelling and griping gets you absolutely nowhere. All the control as far as the quality of your in store personell starts at the DM level, and goes up. And TRUST ME, I have seen for myself how the further up the ladder the complaint goes, the less they give a ***. They just assume give away free services and labor than correct the problem at its source. Which brings me to the "mirror image" problem. ALOT of customers have realized the game this company plays. All they have to do is put a complaint in the system for whatever b.s reason and they get their stuff for free. Rather than being a good tax paying hard working person and doing things the right and noble way by paying for the services rendered ( when they are performed correctly of course, dont get me wrong) they milk the upper managements lack of caring to their own monetary benefit. GET A JOB. But this company inst by far the only one dealing with this ***, so I digress.

WE have master techss thats know almost no practical hands on knowlage about working on a vehicle, and we have non master techs that can tear down and rebuild anything and everything, and do it right the first time. At (a store i am familiar with).... the service manager knows this, but all he can do is *** and complain like the rest of us. As I stated before, as a service MANAGER he has no control over the situation, or any other for that matter.

To close this, I am going to bring up a point that may suprise, (then again maybe not), ome people. Alot of this company's upper management were hired in from places such as circuit city, riches, ect. READ: ALL FAILED COMPANYS.

Common sense is a wonderful, rewarding thing to have. Now omeone tell me where the *** it all went?

My only words to upper management is this. Just because you have some money now, doesnt mean that you can quit taking your medications for an obvious clinical problem and start making dumb decisions that effect everyone in the world around you.......

#203216

*** Boys makes everything a mess.

to The Bitter Truth Anaheim, California, United States #595512

lol. i get it

My husband works for Pep Boys for less than a year he is now one of the assistant managers and when he started working in customer service he will come home and go to the survey pages of pep boys online and make good comments using the name of the customers as if the customers were doing it because his manager told him to do this otherwise they could loose some of the bonus (bonus that I never saw added on his pay check)so they employees themselves supposed to go on line and make good comments about their *** good service so the big fat fish on top will see how good people talk about them and the store will have good reputation. This is a big lie.

Also he got hurt during work and one of the managers send him to emergency room and file for him workers compensation, my husband was giving some days by the doctor to rest in order to get better, another manager told him to cancel workers compensation because this did not look good in his records and eventually will only give him problems, they did not pay the bill of the hospital and they did not pay for the days my husband was at home and!!! his manager told him to come back to work because if he doesn't work for more than 3 days he was going to be fire.

There is not one day that he gets contact by text messages by his manager about this or that, after work he seems to be still on guard for whatever they need and in his days off is the same thing.We don't know when he will be off and even after squedule is made things can change the night before he is off and now he is not off.

I don't want my husband to loose his job but this is getting into too much demanding of him, we don't longer have a family life, it seems like it is all about Pep Boys.

zamzam1water@yahoo.com

i work for pepboys,and 3 out of the 5 mechanics are master techs,this stuff does not happen in my store.

Pepboys Location Ca Pleasant Hill . And yes they Do sometime use bad oil filters Or If the Oil Filter They Sold You is Not In Stock The MGR Tells The Employees Just To reuse The Old Oil Filter without telling the customer And Sometime the techs Get Lazy And do not change gaskets And their is also a hand full of very untrained employees working their the only training they mostly get is on the computer.And Yes they do offer parts that are not needed most of the time I know the truth hurts but from what i seen for the last few years working at pepboys I would Never Ever bring my car to be serviced Their.If you have any Questions feel free to contact me biblefight@yahoo.com

I had my 2004 Kia towed to the above mentioned location on 8/12/2010. Verizon offers roadside service that included a free tow and a 10% discount on all repairs.

I was quoted a price of $1,034 to replace my timing belt and crankshaft sensor and was presented with the attached printout.

First of all I was being charged $91.56 and $44.37 for PEPGUARD LIMITED EXTENDED LABOR WARRANTY which I didn’t request and was not told it was optional.

I was also charged $64 DAYCO TIMING BLT KIT Timing Belt and another $99.99 for a DACYO TIMING BELT COMPONENT KIT (which also comes with the timing belt)

I was also charged $275.40 to remove and replace the timing belt and another $295.80 to remove and replace the Crankshaft. Of course they would do these two jobs at the same time and not complete one, put everything back together and then do the other.

I was also told that my 10% discount from Verzion was already included although it does not show up on the quote any where.

In conclusion, you are not only are you charging twice for parts, twice for labor, not giving the discount to Verizon or Allstate customers ( I know this list is longer), you are also offering extended warranties that could not be worth the paper they are printed on.

I paid the $97.66 for the diagnostics but I, of course, decided to pass on the rip off.

Thats why i go to SEARS

#172091

Pep Boys is evil half the time. I know alternator is bad, I mark it with an "x" with red magic marker..

They tell me also the battery is bad (which I don't believe). They charge me for alternator and battery. Bring car home. Original alternator is still there.

Bring car back.

Want me sign paper that "just in case" to charge me more money. Ta

I would have to agree with john. I have worked at pep boys for a year now and have not once try to sell something not needed.

There isnt enough time to do so.

We are slammed from the time we open to the time we close. I think most customers are just dumb when it comes to cars and think their gettin ripped off.

Im a tech at pepboys and i hear people saying we sell customers parts and service they dnt need.How do people know they didnt need the part or sevice. if they know this much then fix ur *** car urself.Im sure its ur know it all neighbor feeding this *** to you.another shop will say u didnt need a part or service just to keep u going there instead. so fix it urself next time u ignorant f%$#.

TRUE STORY!!!! an elderly man comes into pep boys and tell the service manager that he bought the warranty on the tires last month when he had them installed...now they are cracking in and dry rotted.

she tells him that she can not warranty those tired because he did not get a front end alignment and he has a nail in two tire that she can repair for him for $21.00 each.

the poor ole guy is walking with a walker and tells me that he wishes all the employees were as nice as me....so he says no more and leaves the store. he comes back one hour later and tells me he went to another pep boys and asks that service manager if he needed a front end alignment and while he had it in the shop...could he fix the two tires with nails in them......the service manager has him at the desk and tells him the his front end was perfect and that there are no nails in any of his tires!!!!!!wow..i have seen it all...yes..they will rip you off!!!!

#120350

Your full of **** I work at the Hemet store and no mechanic will do an alignment on a car with worn suspension components , are ******* retarded , do you think I want to be married to someones POS that we get nickel and dimed for already , and we will not make repairs that are not needed , you people ever heard of BAR , you think I want to get fined or fired for making recommendations that arent needed on a vehicle...you must be *** , used oil is the dumbest comment Ive heard about pepboys yet , yeah we got a midget in the back room emptying oil caddies into proline quarts and sealing them and putting them back on the shelf , I know all the service writers ar the Hemet store so you should get punched in your face , you should quit because if Im working with you and your crying and complaining about your job instaed of taking care of customers , go F yourself

Made the mistake of using Pep Boys for changing my front struts and Front-end alignment. Took them all day to change the struts and do the alignment.

When we got the car back it was worse off then when we left it brought it in again and we were told the motor mount was broke?? Another full day in repair.

Nobody in the service department cares for the customers needs, you are treated like cattle and no care for your time or cars true needs. "Never Again"

Jeannine, Why didn't some one review the stores camera system? Did you go check the trash bin?

Come on, leaving your handbag on a shelf then no camera review etc..... Duh!

I have been (and still am) a service writer for two major auto companies for many years, and I am always hearing this stuff about selling people services they do not need. This may happen in some of the economically depressed areas of the country, but where I have worked we are so busy that we have to turn work away sometimes. I have never had to sell anybody anything they did not need because there are so many cars out there that need repair and maintenance that it is almost impossible to run out of work.

you get what you pay for- angry immigrant employees have limited skill even with proper training-

Several years ago while shopping at the Hemet, CA Pep Boys I left my hand bag unattended on a store shelf.

When I went back to retrieve it, it was gone.

I was the only customer in the store at the time.

I did notice an employee leaving the building to empty the trash.

When I told the store manager my purse was missing he said he was sorry but there was nothing he could do.

There was almost five hundred dollars in my purse.

When I made a police report the officer told me that the store should have been locked down after the theft was reported and the employees should have been questioned. I will never shop at a Pep Boys again. You can expect to be ripped off on auto repairs but to have your personal property stolen!!!