Terrible Service at Pep Boys
I took my Dodge Durango to Pep Boys on May 6th.The store location is 902 N.
Imperial Ave. in El Centro, Ca, phone number (760)353-8565. I started with the Service Department employee "Marcos" and explained that the temperature gauge rose a little. The next day Pep Boys [Marcos] called us and informed us that we needed a new radiator which would cost $1200.00; this price would be after discounts.
I was upset but, my husband gave it the okay. The following week Pep Boys [Marcos] called us again, informing us that some water had leaked into the motor heads and the price increased to $2600.00 but again, he gave us discounts which resulted in a final price of $2100.00 We were aggravated with the price but they said they had send the motor heads to Los Angeles, CA. Marcos promised it would take 1 1/2 to 2 weeks at the most. He never called us back.
I called 1 1/2 weeks later to find out if my car was ready and they informed me that they had called my husband letting him know that now the valves were bent [This is false, they never called my husband]. After that I was furious because now I felt they were lying to us. I am very upset. My husband has a car but he uses it for work, so I was basically car-less for the entire time the car was in the shop.
According to Pep Boys [Marcos] they were to receive the valves on May 23rd and were being fixed locally which would take approximately 1 day. I called the morning of the 24th and Marcos had said the valves were in but it would take 4 hours for each head. On May 25th, I called the Store Manager, Tommy, with my frustrations and concerns and it felt like the Twilight Zone. No work had been completed even though the so-called Manager promised he would look personally into the matter.
On May 26th, Pep Boys started sending pictures of the engine to my cellphone. I replied asking when my car would be available to pick up. FINALLY, 3 weeks after dropping off the car to the shop, they said it would be ready at 7:45 PM on May 27. To my disappointment, the car has started to make a loud noise and it even shuts down suddenly while running.
Today is Memorial day and it has destroyed all our plans of going anywhere. I am speechless with a car that is in worse condition than when I brought it in. Prior to taking my car into the shop, on May 6th, I was driving my car with no noise and no problems, just the temperature gauge a little high. I wish PEP BOYS would have told me they don't have the man power or the ability to fix my car.
I could have just gotten a new car!!!!!!!!!! NEVER AGAIN TAKING MY CARS TO PEP BOYS. Not only was the service bad, but the employees were dishonest and they were short-staffed. MANAGEMENT IS A JOKE.
Right now I have my car but I'm afraid to use it. I am afraid that I will take the freeway and it will stop running and I'll cause an accident. If I take the car to exchange for a new one, they are bound to hear the horrible noise and will probably offer me nothing for it. On Tuesday, May 31st, I plan on taking my car back to PEP BOYS to give them another chance to fix it correctly.
Without their promise to redeem themselves in a timely manner, I do not plan to leave my car at the shop!
This situation has been so stressful, I'm even thinking of getting legal advice!Now, I'm out about $2300 and without a car.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Service manager conduct
- Defective product sold
You May Also Like
- "Upon my retirement I Bought a 2006 Lexus GX 470 loaded New, thinking that such a so called Luxury Vehicle would last my wife after my demise, I did this..."
- "I Took My 1995 Honda Civic Painted at Maaco at 2617 Lathrop Ave Racine W 53405. The Original Paint Job Was Purple Factory Color... I told them I want civic..."
- "nothing but problems with engine and transmission. I finally decided to change the oil after it was rather sticky even though it didnt require it. Found a much smaller oil..."
- "A Total Pre-mediated Scam. Has a Driver. Phone # is 909-257-4496 Here Name on the Ad is Dee Dee. Very Dangerous. Only does Outcall. Be Very Careful. Once she shows up, the..."
- "I ordered a Lego set from sears/kmart as a xmas present for my 8yr old. I was very pleased with the fast shipping but totally upset when my 8yr old..."
- "Vitamins from wen are so good i loved..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."