Terrible Service at Pep Boys
I took my Dodge Durango to Pep Boys on May 6th.The store location is 902 N.
Imperial Ave. in El Centro, Ca, phone number (760)353-8565. I started with the Service Department employee "Marcos" and explained that the temperature gauge rose a little. The next day Pep Boys [Marcos] called us and informed us that we needed a new radiator which would cost $1200.00; this price would be after discounts.
I was upset but, my husband gave it the okay. The following week Pep Boys [Marcos] called us again, informing us that some water had leaked into the motor heads and the price increased to $2600.00 but again, he gave us discounts which resulted in a final price of $2100.00 We were aggravated with the price but they said they had send the motor heads to Los Angeles, CA. Marcos promised it would take 1 1/2 to 2 weeks at the most. He never called us back.
I called 1 1/2 weeks later to find out if my car was ready and they informed me that they had called my husband letting him know that now the valves were bent [This is false, they never called my husband]. After that I was furious because now I felt they were lying to us. I am very upset. My husband has a car but he uses it for work, so I was basically car-less for the entire time the car was in the shop.
According to Pep Boys [Marcos] they were to receive the valves on May 23rd and were being fixed locally which would take approximately 1 day. I called the morning of the 24th and Marcos had said the valves were in but it would take 4 hours for each head. On May 25th, I called the Store Manager, Tommy, with my frustrations and concerns and it felt like the Twilight Zone. No work had been completed even though the so-called Manager promised he would look personally into the matter.
On May 26th, Pep Boys started sending pictures of the engine to my cellphone. I replied asking when my car would be available to pick up. FINALLY, 3 weeks after dropping off the car to the shop, they said it would be ready at 7:45 PM on May 27. To my disappointment, the car has started to make a loud noise and it even shuts down suddenly while running.
Today is Memorial day and it has destroyed all our plans of going anywhere. I am speechless with a car that is in worse condition than when I brought it in. Prior to taking my car into the shop, on May 6th, I was driving my car with no noise and no problems, just the temperature gauge a little high. I wish PEP BOYS would have told me they don't have the man power or the ability to fix my car.
I could have just gotten a new car!!!!!!!!!! NEVER AGAIN TAKING MY CARS TO PEP BOYS. Not only was the service bad, but the employees were dishonest and they were short-staffed. MANAGEMENT IS A JOKE.
Right now I have my car but I'm afraid to use it. I am afraid that I will take the freeway and it will stop running and I'll cause an accident. If I take the car to exchange for a new one, they are bound to hear the horrible noise and will probably offer me nothing for it. On Tuesday, May 31st, I plan on taking my car back to PEP BOYS to give them another chance to fix it correctly.
Without their promise to redeem themselves in a timely manner, I do not plan to leave my car at the shop!
This situation has been so stressful, I'm even thinking of getting legal advice!Now, I'm out about $2300 and without a car.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Service manager conduct
- Defective product sold
You May Also Like
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "03/14/16 Discover Card Billing Assistance Department P.O Box 30945 Salt Lake City Utah 84130-0945 RE: Case No. 404138266-B Dear Sir/ Madam: On 03/14/16, I spoke with one of your representatives by the name of Mr. Tim; per-our..."
- "Never take your car to Pep Boys if you value your LIFE!! Especially store #1653 in Glen Mills, PA 19342 Took 2 different appointments for my car to be misaligned after..."
- "I ordered a Lego set from sears/kmart as a xmas present for my 8yr old. I was very pleased with the fast shipping but totally upset when my 8yr old..."
- "A Total Pre-mediated Scam. Has a Driver. Phone # is 909-257-4496 Here Name on the Ad is Dee Dee. Very Dangerous. Only does Outcall. Be Very Careful. Once she shows up, the..."
- "Vitamins from wen are so good i loved..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."
- "I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel..."
- "I now exactly what you mean' Jason Brewer is nothing but a big fat 2 faced liar!!! along with Nathan Hedges. I just can't believe the poor quality and carelessness..."