Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I wen on Sunday to change the struts on my BMW. I asked the person at he person at the counter Andrea Yugcha if they have struts, she said yes.

She mentioned that it would take 3 hours which was ok with me. I ask her tom ask the mechanic if the struts are the only thing the car needed. She ignored me and never asked the mechanic. After 3 hours I came back to find out the car was not done because they had only one strut.

I asked her why she did not call me and she replied that she was very busy. I spoke to the manager and he called BMW dealer to get the parts. He said the parts are coming but the car will be fixed next day. On Tuesday I went to pick up the car just to find out the car was not ready because the mechanic was off duty.

On Wednesday the mechanic showed my the old struts and also the ones from BMW dealer. They never used the original instead they used the after market parts. Mechanic also mentioned that the mounts needed to be replaced but he installed the bad ones anyway. Finally Andrea Yugcha the girl at the counter said to me that I am getting 20% off and she agreed that the final price would be around $800, For my surprise when I was ready to pay she said it was $1500 including the 20% off.

It seems that people don't know what they doing here or I don't know the qualifications for this type of job. After questioning her several times she finally gave the final price of 700 and change. A very bad experience. I went to another mechanic and he mentioned that usually after changing the struts it is good to do a wheel alignment something they never mentioned.

The experience was extremely bad. I recommend if possible go to another place to fix your car.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Part Replacement.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments