New York, New York

4th Ave. Brooklyn, NY.

Went in for a state inspection $37. Was told both front marker lights needed replacing (really?) (both?), I had serious doubts as I check all lights frequently but agreed as I had little other choice. It turned out to be a $64.19 invoice. I really find this kind of bill "padding" distasteful.

When I arrived the "greeter" asked if I had any light bulbs out. I replied that I didn't think so. My car has dash indicator lights that inform if any lights are burnt out. Why is it so hard to find an honest business in Brooklyn?

I'll be contacting the attorney general. Sadly they loose future customers to make a few bucks extra.

Comments

Last month I took my 2011 car in for a state inspection. The State inspection for one year is $14.50.

My car passed but because I chose to write a check I was charged $2.00. I called the DPS and was told that was illegal. They are not suppose to charge more unless they actually do something to the car to correct a fault in order for the car to pass inspection. When I sent my wife in with my 2005 they told her that her lights needed to be adjusted.

She told them she would have her husband do it.

She drove 2 blocks to another place and it passed. Beware they do try to make some extra money.

U HAD SERIOUS DOUBTS, U REPLIED I DONT THINK SO TO LIGHTS BEING OUT. THEN U PAID FOR IT.

WHY IS IT SO EASY TO FIND *** IN BROOKLYN. U COULD HAVE ASKED THEM TO SHOW YOU THE LIGHTS.