3.5
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

After an oil change and tire rotation, I took a little trip an found that I had developed a shake in the steering wheel. I went back the next day to explain the problem and get the front wheels rebalanced but I was told it would cost $60 dollars!

as a low-income veteran I felt that was way too much so I found a local tire dealer to do it for $25. So I feel as though They were trying to take advantage of me. This happened at the Orange Ave.

location in Orlando Florida. This type of bad customer service in the automobile service industry is a problem that has gone on for years especially targeting people who are unfamiliar with mechanical knowledge.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Tire Rotation.

Reason of review: Secondary issue after service.

Preferred solution: partial refund.

I liked: Speed of sevice.

I didn't like: Secondary issue after service.

Comments

tire rotation has nothing to do with balancing. You did not ask for a rebalance just an oil change and rotation.

Now you blame them for the issue which is coincendental but Sh&t happens. As for targeting folks with no mechanical knowledge---well yeah that is there business, if you had the knowledge you would not go there!!! As for picking on veterans--get real!!!!

I live in New Jersey and the price for a balance is 27 bucks per tire so 60 for 2 is not out of line and that price is whether you are rich or poor, drive a piece of *** or a Bentley so they treat everyone the same!! 25 bucks for 2 tire balances--you either made out or whined enough that they wanted you out of the shop.