Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I purchased 4 tires and a full car wheel alignment on 4/7/2019 from Pep Boys. The tires are BF Goodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S with a 45,000 mile warranty.

During the last time I took my car in for inspection, the mechanic stated that my tires were worn out. I was shocked as these tires only have 16,000 miles on them. So I took my car to the Pep Boys at 7812 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22306 (703) 799-2900. This is the original place of purchase for the tires and where the full car wheel alignment was performed on the same day the new tire were installed.

I spoke with the manager Stephen Gilchrist about the tires. He stated that they had worn out prematurely due to improper wheel alignment. I told him that his shop mechanic had done the full car wheel alignment. He then told me that he couldn’t do anything until I made a claim with the Michelin Tire company (they now own BF Goodrich).

In addition, he stated that after I made a claim I could go to any Pep Boys for tire inspection to receive either some type of refund or a credit towards new tires. So I made the claim with the Michelin Tire Company. I then went to the Pep Boys located at 7121 Little River Turnpike, Annandale, VA 22003 (703) 256-8966 which is closer to my house to have my tires inspected for a warranty claim. I spoke with the manager Fabialbert Rodriguez there and he stated the same thing - the tires had worn out prematurely due to improper wheel alignment.

He told me that Pep Boys was responsible due to the fact that Pep Boys had done the full car wheel alignment improperly and he was going to “make things right” and to give him a few days.

I waited a week and nothing… I stopped by the store to see him in person again, and he stated that he was not going to do anything now. I just keep getting the run around with this Pep Boy managers…

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

All of that and you failed to do the one thing you should have : issue a formal letter of complaint and serve it via Certified Mail return receipt requested. In it you should have stated the history, problem, and attempted remedies.

You must also state the desired outcome and that you will allow 7 business days for written response prior to escalation of your claim. Be factual, brief, and polite ; one side of the sheet only. Keep copies of all receipts, correspondence, and postal documentation.

NO CALLS, E-MAILS, TEXT MESSAGES or PERSONAL VISITS. Those are worthless in results and verifiable content.