Pep Boys - Review about Spark Plug Change from Auburn, Washington
brought my suv in for a simple spark plug change, but while they were in the process some how they dropped a bolt in my cylinder causing the whole engine to be destroyed!They then tried giving it back saying not to be concerned about the rattling in my engine, and that the plugs were changed.
After demanding they fix the rattle they created they held my suv a week telling me every day a different story as to why there's a new rattling. After being carless for a week and calling daily they told me it was being towed to the dealership it came from and that they would pay to fix the damage they caused. The dealership then found that they not only charged me for a spark plug change and only changed the top 3 that was easily reached but that in the process they dropped a bolt in the engine which would cost $10,520 to fix. Instead of staying true to their word there now trying to total my car, which was in perfect condition before I brought it in for a simple spark plug change.
And thier offer was $6,600 and for me to keep my now useless vehicle. I asked why keep the vehicle when you won't give the amount needed to fix the damage you caused, they now won't return any of my calls and have blocked my email. Worst customer service I've ever dealt with and worst mechanic's you'll ever deal with!!
I've been without a vehicle for almost 2 months because I decided to do what I thought was a simple tune up.If anyone has any advice for dealing with this horrible company, please let me know.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Spark Plug Change
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My generator’s engine self destructed in less than one day’s operation on a light load.I took it to a B&S dealer for warrantee repair and after a cursory inspection was..."
- "Aamco Transmission Complaint 2-20-16 I changed my truck transmission filter & fluids and found a piece of metal at the bottom of the transmission oil pan. I was not sure what the..."
- "Hello from Long Island. (Patchogue) Got new tires last month. Finally took a long trip. Omg! Worst tires ever. Vibration, noisy, you name it. Wondered why? "OLD TIRES!!!!!" 4 year old tires are..."
- "Where do I begin.... We have had nothing but issues with Ryan Homes. To start, quality of work is bottom of the barrel. After moving in, it became immediately apparent..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "Mark Dulisse Used Deceptive Marketing Practices to Defraud & Deny Customer Refund &...Mark Dulisse aka Freedom 55 Financial aka Dominating GoogleI ordered an online digital product called Dominating Google that..."
- "So, they're having a sale. And it's stated in big bold banner:40% off all sale items. Except all sale items. Click on the banner, it shows appropriate sale-sale items. Still..."
- "“Pat's Plumbing (Predator Plumbing) Exploits Senior Citizen to Fix Leak & Triggers a $5,127.37 Water Damage Claim… On March 28 of 2006, my mother, Carol J Schrader age 64, called Pat's..."