323 views
Verified Reviewer

Resolved

Update by user Oct 21, 2020

Rebates were approved and the Visa card for the total of $60 was received. If you are having the same issue with being denied, make sure you followed all requirements, kept copies of everything and if needed, file a complaint with your States Attorney Consumer Fraud Division as well as the Pennsylvania States Attorney where their corporate office is located and let PepBoys know you have done this..

Update by user Aug 25, 2020

After sending them the following email: I have submitted a complaint to the Attorney General of the state of Florida for consumer fraud related to this rebate as I was assured by your customer service rep Luise on 04/20/2020 at the rebate center that the second smaller Shelter Logic canopy I purchased was the correct one for the rebate even though it had a different number as it was an older one the Jupiter Florida store had in stock. The salesman also stated it was the correct canopy and would be honored for the rebate.I received the following response today 08/25/2020:I am pleased to inform you that your $60.00 Visa prepaid card will be mailed within 4-6 weeks from Aug,24,2020 to the following address:MY ADDRESS Please refer to the card insert to know more about your prepaid card.

You can also check the status of your rebate at www.blackhawkrebates.com/pepboys using the tracking number.Thank you for contacting the Pep Boys Rebate Center.If the rebate does not arrive within the above time frame, I will move forward with the Fla. Attorney General Consumer Fraud Div.

Original review posted by user Aug 12, 2020

I purchased 2 different size Shelter Logic canopies from the Jupiter Florida store and was told by the Pep Boys rebate center that the product number on the one canopy was good for the rebate as it was different than what was on the form, but was just an older number and would be honored.

I submitted ALL required information in April before the deadline and was informed my rebate form was received and approved.

Today August 12, 2020 I received an email telling me my rebate has been rejected as "All required products were not purchased" even though I was assured by their customer service that the number on the canopy box was good for the rebate.

This is a total scam and I will be reporting it to the Consumer Fraud Division of the State of Florida.

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM PEP BOYS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Rebate.

Pep Boys Cons: Not honoring rebates.

Location: 2064 West Indiantown Road, Jupiter, FL 33458

Comments

#1934166

Pep Boys called to inform me my rebate for the 2 canopies has been approved and the Visa card will be mailed in 10-15 days. Seems everything with this company takes 10-15 days as it took the full 6 weeks from the last time they promised to mail the rebate from August 25th.

I did receive a letter from the State of Florida indicating they sent a letter to Pep Boys about by issue which may have prodded them to move as my next move was to file a complaint with the SA of Pennsylvania which is where there corporate office is located as well as open a small claims case and see if it could be made into a CLASS ACTION. If you are having the same issue with Pep Boys jacking you around, start with the States Attorney's Office Consumer Fraud Division of your state as well as the State of Pennsylvania and if necessary the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Fraud Division.

#1921903

I sent in my Mobil One rebate in February 2020. I called them two months later, in April and they reassured me it is in the process.

I called them AGAIN in JULY and they told me, I had to re-submit because they said, during the covid, they lost some files. Okay, fine... Good thing I saved my receipt. So I resubmitted the rebate again on July 4th, 2020...

and I'm SO glad I made a copy of the rebate form the SOB's! Here it is SEPTEMBER, I called them yesterday and they said I was approved, and my rebate will be going out shortly! I said, you know you guys told me that four times since April, right? Just an apology.

Sigh! 0_o :(

#1910138

i agree, just submitted a complaint through BBB. I have been dealing with them since april 13th for my rebate. they lost a customer, big time!

#1915634
@PissedConsumer1910138

Follow my example as you may have better luck than using he BBB.

Pep Boys Reviews