86 views
Verified Reviewer

3.3
Poster increased review rating.

Original review updated by user Jan 28, 2021

I purchased 4 brake pads and was told by the employee in the shop that the purchase is eligible for a total of $80 rebate. I submitted the rebate via the website.

I noticed the website does not have an option to upload any documents, but I still went ahead and submitted the rebate. It got rejected, which was expected. So I contacted the support to ask where to upload the documents, the support told me to use a different browser. I work in the IT field, and I can tell this is not the issue.

In the end, the support said I need to mail in all the documents and rebate form, which I did. So after 2 months, I received a response mail saying 1. The submission limit has been exceeded, 2. We are unable to verify a valid purchase.

The truth is that I mailed out the documents in time and provided all the required documents stated on the rebate form. I received the reply on 1/3/2021, and on the mail, it says to resubmit for this offer.... you must return this card by 01/02/2021. It is kind of funny at the way I laughed with my tears out.

Update 1/28: I received the rebate card last week for some reason.

The entire experience is still confusing. Nevertheless, I have updated the rating from 1 to 3-4 stars.

User's recommendation: Stop wasting your time and effort hoping to get a rebate from Pepboys.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Rebate.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Pep Boys Pros: Got an appointment quickly over the phone.

Location: 7399 West Lake Mead Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89128