Pontiac, Michigan
2.7
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Went to them with complaint of rattle in front end and told it was sawy bar link , had coupon mailed from Pep Boy's for $30 off and after reviewing the estamete found the coupon had not been deducted. I called the mgr.

George Withfield who told me I had gotten enough discount and I informed him we spoke on the phone after I found the discrepency of the failure to apply coupon. He stated math is a science , you know two and two is four are'nt you smart enough to add up all the discounts you've recieved. I told him also of the issues that noise remained as when I first dropped off vehicle,(after P.U.

the clunking over bumps was sytill present) He stated call who ever you wish I have done enough. Now I had informed him the conversation would be recorded and he was'nt least concerned using unprofessional comments calling me basiclly ***

Comments

To answer , Yes I did get the $30 owed and a free oil change and the cost of the repars having to be corrected at the Other PepBoys shop who waived the $147 cost thereof. Follow the right channels and get the resolved you seek with some presistants. :)

Sounds like you have it all figured out, unfortinitly your summary and assessment is flawed and since I am a Para Legal II I can tell yopu State laws vary as to Privacy recording and clearly the Federal as to right to privacy when calling a private party home is mitigated for claimed privilage. in this instant matter the mngr.

was told that the conversation would be recorded when he became rude, and he stated he could care less. In fact the knowledge of the conversation being recorded did not change his nasty disposition in the lest. I shouild note that I took the vehicle back day later after the brakes continued to squeak and the front end had same rattle. They refuded to inspect so after calling customer care I was told to go to another store which found they had repaired the wrong side (right sd.

on repair order they repaired the left) and that the paid for brake inspection was never done because it would of revealed the back brakes needing turing and cleaning and adjustment. The other store manager was professional, curtious and corgial and resolved the issues satisfactorly.

the issues remain with the state on the repairs being done improperly and the non-signed work order agreement required in the State of Michigan under Automotive Regulations. :grin

Sound like you have more issues than $30. I bet you did not get permission to use this guys name on this site.

Is it legal to use the guys name without permission? You recorded a conversation over $30? Is that is legal? Hope that was noy over the phone as I know that is illegal.

Still sounds like a lot more than $30 going on here. Why did you not put your full name out here like you did him? So, did you get your $30? If not, why not?

I see you mentioned other discounts. If you did get the money, you should say so.