Turnaround Time

As someone who travels frequently, I have traditionally found Pep Boys to be a helpful resource when it comes to emergency maintenance on the road.This past week, I went to the Pep Boys in my hometown of Bloomington, IN, and, unfortunately, it has been a disaster.

On Wednesday, February 1st, I took my vehicle to get rear shocks replaced and new tires. I was told it would be $900. When I returned to pick up the vehicle, I was charged $1060. I let THAT go.

Driving the next day, Thursday Feb 2nd, my brand new right front tire blew out, causing me to spin and I narrowly avoided a serious accident. I contacted Pep Boys who said to bring the car back for tire replacement the next day. Because I had to leave town, my wife brought it in on Friday morning. She was then informed that they did not have the tire they needed in stock to replace it, but that they would call her the next day.

She was never called, so she called them, expressed concern that she’d been driving on a donut for the last 3 days, and had been really inconvenienced by bringing the car to the store only to be told there was no tire there to replace the bad one Pep Boys had put on. She was then treated VERY rudely. She was told “we’ll call YOU when the tire is in.” She reminded the customer service rep that she had one car, and was driving it on a spare. The rep only repeated “we’ll call YOU when the tire is in.” He was extremely rude, and I am beyond disgusted with the treatment we have received.

I intend to post about this experience on public forums, and am going to contact the corporate leadership of your company, as I certainly do not think they would want customers treated this poorly.

I have lost faith in your company, and am extremely disappointed, and I intend to voice my disappointment publicly at every opportunity.Sincerely, Kenny C.

Review about: Pep Boys Car Part Replacement.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Pep Boys?

Comments