52 views
Verified Reviewer

1.8

I bought a new battery at your Homewood, IL store on 7-15-2016. It had a 3 year free replacement warranty and a 96 month prorated warranty.

It failed on 12-28-2020. The service dept, in Homewood, said they would have to try to charge the battery before replacing it. They charged it for 4 hours before they said it was no good, but they didn't have it in stock and it might take them 2 days to get someone to go get it in Matteson or Crestwood. I told them that was not acceptable and I wanted it by tomorrow.

He complained about not having a shuttle to bring it to him and he would have to send someone to get it because of the Covid.

I don't care about that. How does your prorating work because I still have 42 months left on the prorated period.

Joe Gallagher www.docjoe58@***.com 708-877-****

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Pep Boys Cons: Trust, Poor service.

Location: 18024 Halsted Street, Homewood, IL 60430

Comments

#1967390

If they're out of stock, they're out of stock. The service guy can't just bend over and yank one out of his *** for you.

With Covid lockdowns, you should be grateful that anyone could even arrange a 2-day delivery! You're being completely ridiculous, given the circumstances.

Pep Boys Reviews