2.5
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I'm a ASE certified Technician, holding, at one period of my career, over 30 certifications at once in ASE. I made an appointment for a 2004 Optima Kia to have the brakes serviced.

The vehicle only has 18,000 miles on it, but the brake pads were getting low and there was a slight warpness to the front rotors. After their inspection, they told me I needed front rotors and rear disc pads and CV joint boots, Etc. I told them great what does the brake rotors measure at. The person couldn't answer me he says I'll have to measure it.

So he begins to go barrow a measuring tool. He has the wrong tool in his hand so I asked him to please never mind, please put the vehicle together, he asked me why? I said because you're using the wrong tool to measure the rotors. So being a former safety vehicle inspector in the state of Pennsylvania and a safety inspector for Department of Education and having over 40 years experience with vehicles I had to explain to him what tool and type was necessary to measure a disc rotor.

To top it off now, a master ASE mechanic got involved and said that it was the proper tool that he was showing me and I had to go on the internet and show him that it was incorrect. How he ever passed the test, only God knows! He probably paid someone to take it for him!!!! The Pep Boys in Hollywood Florida on Stirling Road, stay away from!

The manager was a very nice man but his staff was incompetent and deceitful. How can you recommend to a customer, to replace disc rotors, on all 4, on a vehicle that only has 18,000 miles!

and never even took a micrometer to measure the thickness of the rotors. SHAMEFUL!

Review about: Pep Boys Vehicle Inspection.

Comments