Washington, District Of Columbia

Be warned, Pepboys is an industry joke. They are extremely incompetent from the top down.

Take your vehicle their at your own risk and be especially wary of the Dallas/Fort Worth markets. They have some of the the most devious and untrustworthy *** people you will ever run across. If you review your bill, you will always find mistakes and shady charges. Note that the price you pay for parts is lower at the parts counter than at the service counter.

How strange and deceptive. The mail in rebates they offer are a JOKE....You will never get your money.

Pepboys....aka.....Hackboys are the bottom feeders of the industry.

Comments

Winnersh, England, United Kingdom #215126

This place is HORRIBLE! DISHONEST!

I took my car into the Pep Boys in Fort Worth (Camp Bowie) because my 05 Infiniti g35 was shaking when I braked. They were doing a free brake inspection promo at the time. 1 and a half hours later (keep in mind this was JUST an inspection), the woman told me my front brakes were "perfect', but my rear brakes and rotors needed to be changed. She said the mechanic informed her that there was no way I could have the rotors resurfaced and needed new ones.

She told me it was going to be $321.00 plus tax. I told her I would think about it. Fast forward a week and I decided to take it in for the repairs. I had my friend drop it off because I had to be at work early.

They ended up giving the car a new inspection under my friend's name. Well, lo and behold IT WAS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. They said my FRONT AND REAR brakes needed pads and resurfacing. What the heck?

How did the diagnosis change from the first inspection? The car was driven less than 10 miles since the previous inspection. Well, I called them up and told them to look up MY estimate and asked why it was so different. They previously said my front brakes were "perfect" and my rears COULDN'T be resurfaced.

He hemmed and hawed for awhile and said he would "get on the first technician who gave me the estimate" and that the mechanic that saw my car today was a MASTER mechanic. How does that make sense? I asked him if I needed to ask for the master mechanic next time to get AN HONEST QUOTE. Oh by the way, my new quote was now over $400.

This place is the biggest scam.

I'll take my car elsewhere, somewhere the diagnosis doesn't change by week. RIP-OFF.

Lol pep boys and the dollar store gonna merge so what they do to your car when they "fix" it will be sorta maybe worth the buck

you are ex employees for a reason. y is that...put that up here. then no names are necessary.

By the way, I enjoy sitting in public restrooms just sniffing peoples bowel movements all day.

Well, I do not see your name anywhere.NAMELESS. What, did I touch a nerve.

Well the truth sometimes hurts. How are things at corporate??

Branford, Connecticut, United States #126864

Why would you come onto a web site and not put your real name? Do you something to hide?

I have a hard time believing that you are a person, and not someone fired by pepboys for stealing? Let all of us know your name and then we will believe you. Hopefully you are not scared.

THIS IS FOR ALL OF YOU WHO DIDN'T PUT YOUR NAME. EXDIRECTOR AND ADVISOR SHOW THAT YOU REALLY WORK THEIR AND ARE NOT FULL OF IT.

Branford, Connecticut, United States #126863

What happen to the name of the pepboys manager? Did you guys take it off because you received heat about it? Probably not enough to help you.

Pepboy is now back in black (making money)and we would like to thank all you people who come to our stores to get screwed. this company openly admits that people forget to send in rebates and that affects bottom line.

you have a $7 service advisor forced to sell what ever a $23 mechanic says is wrong.

Yes all the big shot meeting are about screwing you and NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE. No excuses now you have been warned.

ursulap35

I HAVE CONTACTED PHILLY AND GAVE THEN A EARFULL,PLUS I HAVE IT IN WRITING. I INTEND TO FOLLOW UP ON EVERYTHING I HAVE DONE.

ursulap35

I AM THINKING ABOUT SUING, I HAVE FLASH-BACKS WHEN I START DOWN A HILL.

If you call our corporate offices in Philadelphia and complain they are like Santa Claus. They will pay you to go away.

I give away lots of free stuff all the time because we sometimes just can't fix a car properly or are parts are really too cheaply made.

My Dallas area is getting better sometimes. So be sure to tell our corporate offices that the Dallas stores are good.

I hate to admit it, but this post is right. We routinely screw the general public, because they are too dumb to know any different.

We don't honor our warranty and we very rarely will send a promised rebate through the mail. We say 6 to 8 weeks because we know by then you will have forgotten.

I work in the Dallas market. It is really bad.