1.8
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I carried in 4 brand new tires on rims to be dismounted and mounted on the rims on my car. I was charged $96-$98 for this and the wait was longer than estimated.

I paid and made it less than 100 yards and my right front tire was completely flat. I was now on the other side of the one way street so I pulled over into the closest lot and put the donut on while my 2yo daughter sat in the car. After bringing the car back in, they checked it and their excuse was that the tech was in a hurry to leave and did not properly seat the bead in the rim. I was told they properly set it and added bead sealant and it is good now.

4 months later the same tire was completely flat. After replacing with the spare again, I didn't find any punctures or foreign material in the tire. I went back to the same Pep Boys and explained the previous and current incident. I was told I would have to wait an hour before they would even look at it and if there was no puncture there would be no charge.

But if they found a nail or something, it would be $11.99. After waiting an hour and 40 minutes in their waiting room, I decided to check on the progress. When I asked if someone had looked at it yet, the rep behind the counter said it was done, and didn't know how long it had been done or how they fixed it. After speaking with the tech, he gave me the same excuse from 4 months ago that the bead wasn't set properly.

And he said "it is good now." So of course I said, "that's what you said 4 months ago..." then he tried to charge me $11.99 and I told him the rep that checked me in said that in that case, it would be free. The rep's response was "Oh, that works too." He handed me the keys and I left.

When I got home I checked all tire pressures and the one they "fixed" twice now was over inflated by 10 psi. I will never again do business with Pep Boys

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Tire Installation.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments