Panama City, Florida

I dropped my truck off for service this morning at about 10am for hesitation and rough idle issues at the Panama City, FL 23rd Street location. I was told by the service manager that they would run a diagnostic test and have an estimate for me by early that afternoon. I left at that point to run some errands. By 4pm today I had not heard from them so I called to check the status of my vehicle. I was told by the employee that he just got on shift and would check on it and call me back. Two hours later at 6pm I still had not gotten a call. So I called again. Again I was told there was no information and I would be called. An hour later at 7pm I physically drove to the location thinking that they must know something.

When I arrived the employee at the counter pulled my file and told me they didn't really know what was wrong with it but I "should" replace the coils, plugs, plug wires, PCV, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, and get a Fuel System Cleaning to see if that fixes the problem. I had a problem with this as I had recently had the wires and plugs replaced and the fuel filters replaced at Firestone 3 months ago. This told me they really didn't look at anything on my vehicle. And to top it off they had no estimate as to how much all of this would cost and told me they would call me later.

I decided at that point I did not want them to touch my car and asked for my keys. The employee then rang me up $103.97 for the "diagnostic" test that apparently can't tell them what is wrong with my truck. I asked to speak with his manager which turned out to be a big mistake. When I told the manager about my wait, the issue with not knowing what was wrong and my dispute about the diagnostic fee he became very belligerent and aggressive. He screamed at me and when I tried to speak he talked directly over me. Towards the end of our conversation he came to the counter, put his finger in my face and leaned forward in a threatening manner. I told him if he continued to be aggressive I was going to contact the police. He continued to do so and was extremely belligerent.

At that point I stepped out of the store into the parking lot to contact the police. I advised them I was not comfortable with the situation as a 6 foot tall well over 200 pound man was threatening me. (I am a 5 foot 2 inch woman and very small in stature). When the police arrived the manager accused me of threatening him and that I was going to leave without paying the bill. Neither of which I had done or intended on doing. It was at this point I just paid the bill and am in the process of contacting their corporate offices. I wanted this to go out to a warning to anyone thinking of going to this or any other Pep Boys.

I do not recommend going to Pep Boys for any repair as I believe them to be dishonest, belligerent, aggressive, and they have the worst customer NO service I have EVER experienced. They will charge you for diagnostic fees and then tell you they do not know what is wrong with your vehicle. They are unapologetic for their incompetence and totally unhelpful.

Comments

come on I think you left alot out of that story. Lets hear the whole truth.

WELL... finally! some one here with a legitimate complaint! that situation was totally uncalled for and you are correct with your complaint!

BUT

CALEB is also VERY correct! not all pepboys are like this and maybe you should try a different store, or maybe not

Not all pepboys are like the one you visited. You ask why your vehicle was acting up, they did not tell you.

Just tell that to 1800pepboys. You'll get refunded and hopefully have the manager removed from the store

You should contact the Better Business Bureau to complain. Also, you should have insisted on filing a police report complaint. You could have charged the amount to your credit card and when you got home call the card issuer to halt the payment.

Boy you got that right sister