Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

My car was sputtering so I took it to Pep Boys in South Philadelphia. I had left the car because I was told that no one could look at it that day.

I got a call 2 days later from Eric the Assistant Mgr saying that a sensor had gone bad. I authorized him to replace it and get back to me when they were done. No call! I call back the next day and Im on hold for about 15 minutes.

I finally get Eric, and he now asks if my car was overheating. I told him my car wasn't overheating, it was losing acceleration. "why would you ask me about that when thats not the problem?" Well, we took it for a drive and it started overheating. Now me engine needs to be replaced.

How did an acceleration problem turn into an engine replacement. He now prices a rebuilt engine that is at a nearby affiliate. Im told it will be done in 3 days. A WEEK LATER (because I haven't received a call) I call to find that a 4.7 engine was ordered instead of a 5.8 liter.

No one told me JACK! Eric now orders another engine and says it'll be about 5 days. 5 DAYS LATER (no call) I call to find out that a bolt is stuck in the new engine and they don't have a tool to get it out. PEP BOYS DOESN'T HAVE A TOOL!

5 DAYS LATER (no call) Eric tells me that my cars not done because the MASTER MECHANIC working on my car works for the POST OFFICE and won't be able to work on my car until Sunday. MY car has been at PEP BOYS for almost a month and a half and Iv'e been using public transportation to my job in another city. I can't go home to my familt daily because I din't have a car.

I don't know whether I'm *** off more because of the disregard of my situation, Not being able to see my family daily, or because my vehicle is in the hands of the U.S. Postal Service!

Comments

i was in pepboys 23 south philly and the manager was screaming at the top of his lungs over the loud speaker it was disgusting i beleive his name was john the whole crew was so nice i dont understand it was sad he did nothing but yell i spend alot of money in pepboys over the years and im sorry to say i will not be coming back

Kissimmee FLORIDA absolutely the worst experience I had a whining noise checked out and they replaced a belts and a tension adjuster and charged me 400 dollars and claimed no more whining. My car still whined and had to go too dealerships for proper repairs. What a joke of a place never again I will spend more for the pros not the uneducated repairing of my vehicles.