Featured Not resolved

brought my suv in for a simple spark plug change, but while they were in the process some how they dropped a bolt in my cylinder causing the whole engine to be destroyed!They then tried giving it back saying not to be concerned about the rattling in my engine, and that the plugs were changed.

After demanding they fix the rattle they created they held my suv a week telling me every day a different story as to why there's a new rattling. After being carless for a week and calling daily they told me it was being towed to the dealership it came from and that they would pay to fix the damage they caused. The dealership then found that they not only charged me for a spark plug change and only changed the top 3 that was easily reached but that in the process they dropped a bolt in the engine which would cost $10,520 to fix. Instead of staying true to their word there now trying to total my car, which was in perfect condition before I brought it in for a simple spark plug change.

And thier offer was $6,600 and for me to keep my now useless vehicle. I asked why keep the vehicle when you won't give the amount needed to fix the damage you caused, they now won't return any of my calls and have blocked my email. Worst customer service I've ever dealt with and worst mechanic's you'll ever deal with!!

I've been without a vehicle for almost 2 months because I decided to do what I thought was a simple tune up.If anyone has any advice for dealing with this horrible company, please let me know.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of spark plug change. Pep Boys needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned spark plug change in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Pep Boys.

Had an Experience with Pep Boys?

Comments