1.3
Turnaround Time

Detailed PDF's and info can be found here: http://bit.ly/2lVarYy I always get oil changes at the Subaru dealer in Albuquerque. It is nice because they notice other things, if they are coming up or might become a mechanical problem.

I trust them. A few weeks ago, while I was having oil service done the Subaru service folks noticed that my throwout bearing in my clutch was old, and needed to be replaced. He suggested a clutch kit replacement and quoted me around 1500 bucks. Since I am on a tight budget, I decided to take my car to Pep Boys around the corner and ask how much they would charge me for a clutch kit job (see above quotes).

After deciding to go with Pep Boys, my wife drops off my 2006 Subaru Impreza at the Pep Boys Automotive location on San Mateo Blvd in Albuquerque–I didn't hear back from the service manager at all. After a couple days, I finally had to call and ask, "How is my car? What did you find? How much longer?!" He stated it would be ready at noon, which made me assume everything went smoothly.

When I picked up my car, I was expecting to pay 400 or 500 bucks in labor (see above quotes). I was shocked to see the amount was $1166.23. Then I get in my car, and when the clutch is not depressed, I hear a very subtle noise. It didn't quite feel right, but I drove off because I was so distracted by my bank account being emptied by Pep Boys.

A few days later I am on my way to Window Rock AZ and my clutch begins to make an odd, high pitched whirring sound. I drop it off at the Pep Boys in Gallup NM for review. Service manager in Gallup said he would get back to me on Monday, 2.26.17 for a follow-up after properly looking at my car, which is what the location in Albuquerque should have done according to him. This whole situation is upsetting because I feel cheated.

I dropped off my car at Pep Boys assuming I was leaving it in good hands and that I would receive good customer service. I don't know much about cars...when I leave my Subaru at a shop, I am relying on their experience, counsel, expertise and most importantly, their honesty. I don't feel that Pep Boys service management in Albuquerque communicated very well me me about cost, dignosis, warranty–but the one thing they were good about was calling me when it was time to pay.

I did my job as a customer and I paid and at this point my money is gone and my Subaru is running worse than when I innitially dropped it off. http://bit.ly/2lVarYy

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Car Part Replacement.

Comments