Pep Boys replaced non-defective electrical harness for $2400
Pep Boys in Santee, CA somehow determined that the electrical harness in my Ford Escape was defective. I asked if they had seen this problem previously and they said Yes, twice. I told them I wanted the old harness. Two days and $2400 later the 'problem' was fixed and I got the car and the old harness back. After inspecting the harness I could find NO burned or broken wires. The ONLY 'defect' that I found was a severely corroded terminal. The cost of cleaning or replacing the terminal would not be more than a couple dollars.
So, Pep Boys in Santee California ripped me off to the tune of $2400 simply because they thought is was easier to replace and entire electrical harness than to search for a defective terminal.
I suspect the mechanic needed the work (there weren't many vehicles in the shop at that time) and he probably got a 'nice' bonus for bringing in a $2400 job.
I've NEVER been back to any Pep Boys, and I don't hesitate to let anyone know of their incompetitent mechanics.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Ford Escape Electrical Harness
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "So, first off, I have used Maaco before, with GREAT results at that. This time however, for the second 1997 Wrangler I have had painted by them, this was a..."
- "Hello from Long Island. (Patchogue) Got new tires last month. Finally took a long trip. Omg! Worst tires ever. Vibration, noisy, you name it. Wondered why? "OLD TIRES!!!!!" 4 year old tires are..."
- "Hi, I had Hercules tires installed on my 2009 jeep patriot July 17 / 2013 size P215/70/0R16.The first thing I noticed is that my jeep was very rough driving and the..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "Buyer Beware!! John Wolsey's TAX LIEN ACADEMY (www.mhmoffers.com/taxsales.html#) is a not on the up-and-up. (Another URL for the Tax Lien Academy is http://community.icontact.com/p/taxlienacademy.)Filled out the form to order "the book,"..."
- "Teleflora is a scam! First picture is what I ordered online. Second picture is what was actually delivered. Do NOT waste your money!..."
- "I had the worst experience.I went to get my oil changed.They found 4 things wrong but told me their mechanics didn't know what they were doing so they would go..."