Pep Boys in Santee, CA somehow determined that the electrical harness in my Ford Escape was defective. I asked if they had seen this problem previously and they said Yes, twice. I told them I wanted the old harness. Two days and $2400 later the 'problem' was fixed and I got the car and the old harness back. After inspecting the harness I could find NO burned or broken wires. The ONLY 'defect' that I found was a severely corroded terminal. The cost of cleaning or replacing the terminal would not be more than a couple dollars.
So, Pep Boys in Santee California ripped me off to the tune of $2400 simply because they thought is was easier to replace and entire electrical harness than to search for a defective terminal.
I suspect the mechanic needed the work (there weren't many vehicles in the shop at that time) and he probably got a 'nice' bonus for bringing in a $2400 job.
I've NEVER been back to any Pep Boys, and I don't hesitate to let anyone know of their incompetitent mechanics.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Ford Escape Electrical Harness
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Took my newly purchased 09 Mercedes Benz Gl 550 for some issues they were to address and my car was BEAT up! Dropped it off and when I picked it..."
- "Upon my retirement I Bought a 2006 Lexus GX 470 loaded New, thinking that such a so called Luxury Vehicle would last my wife after my demise, I did this..."
- "On 10-31-13 my 22 year old son was involved in a serious high speed read end accident. He was sitting at a red light when hit by a Toyota SUV..."
- "I just filled my newly purchased above ground pool and the seam is defective, slowly leaking water. I put a patch on to keep my yard from becoming a..."
- "So there's already a lot wrong with this app. I can't quite complain about getting stood up the very first time I went to purchase an item because the app..."
- "Teleflora is a scam! First picture is what I ordered online. Second picture is what was actually delivered. Do NOT waste your money!..."
- "I ordered the "Bursting Blushes" bouquet with the "exquisite upgrade" for my mom this mother's day. The photo showed about a dozen beautiful red roses with five or six..."
- "My first MTB was missing the top dollar item. Seems like they will send me the missing item. I still canceled the subscription, it should be easy to..."
- "Benton Nissan of Hoover is a horrible, and corrupt dealership!!! On 10/15/2016 (sat) I saw an ad regarding their versa 2016 for $9,995, and within 15-30min the red flags were quickly..."