Product: Pep Boys Oil Change Clear all filters (0 of 165 reviews match)
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:
> I will NEVER go to PepBoys again. I went there to get a diagnostic test on my 2006 G35 Infiniti with160,000 miles because it overheated and I didn't know what was goin on. Plus I needed an oil change as well so I decided to get that done. After waiting two hours they...

Pep Boys 684 Scottsdale, AZ will scam you out of your $$

Total scam artists!! I called the store and Brandon quoted me a price with a coupon he had for an oil change. I bought the car in and dropped it off with him and he told me the oil filter would be $3 more and I would have to pay for an extra quart of oil. I said no problem and can I pay now because I will be in a hurry when I pick the car up. He said they can't do that but will be quick when I pick it up. I picked the car up, paid the bill thinking it was high but I had to get back to work. When I got back to work I looked at the bill and they didn't give me the coupon discount. I called thinking it was an honest mistake and an easy fix... That is when he told me that the coupon he gave me doesn't work for my car. He gave me the coupon! Beware!!!
  • Being lied to
Reply to reviews
My husband got an oil change and change the air filter. Pretty normal stuff 'coz our car is still pretty new and we always make sure she got a diagnostic check almost every 6mos. So we are pretty shock when we heard a RATTLING sound we thought coming from the engine....

My gosh drama queen! Get over it!!!!!!

Pep Boys - Oil Change Review from Mountain View, California

Attainment to pep boys to get a tune up for my car and I got more than what I bargained for I paid out of pocket on one day and when I left my car was running worse than before came and the next day I check my oil it was black I didn't even look like they even change my oil then he tells me he has to do a diagnostic tests on my car and he gave me some stories that one of this message was blocked by the dirty oil I asked him to check that out for me all in one day now I have to pay out of pocket again this is a bad experience and I feel like they're taking advantage of me because I am a woman I really don't appreciate it Service I don't appreciate the carelessness about the service and I don't believe that they've done everything that they said they were going to do I am really troubled by their service I didn't want to believe a lot of the story but I heard but I am finding out for myself if they are true this is a concern customer and I really think that these tactics need to be checked out by your corporate office and really screen the people who you have working on cars making sure that they are qualified to work on cars
1.5

Pep Boys - Rebate fraud

Don't believe that you'll ever get the rebate promised. I went for an oil change there because of a coupon. I showed the coupon at the time I checked in. When I paid, I was given the rebate paperwork. The form indicated that this could be completed on-line, but that didn't work. I mailed everything in & later was notified that my service done didn't qualify for the rebate. After a huge amount of time wasted on-line, with phone menus & with people who would transfer me to dead-ends, no one would fix this.
  • So disappointed with this company

Pep Boys - Oil Change Review

I have a 94 Camaro 3.4 stick shift I took my car to Pep Boys in Glenolden on MacDade in Pennsylvania for an oil change they charged me $67 and only put in the court of Lucas Oil stabilizer that I purchased from inside their store and sent me on my way when I got home the oil low light was on I thought maybe it was a coincidence it had to be reset I went to sleep went to work the next day did not notice any new sound when I got back to my car after work it had a horrible nock and the gauge said oil low so I shut my car off and check the dipstick and it was empty when I called them and told them that I was just in there yesterday for an oil change they charged me $67 in my car was out of oil the next day they told me to go to the store and purchase more oil and drive my car to them and they will check it out well I got my car to them and then they try to justify why they only put one quart of oil in my car they said I need valve cover gaske krank plate gasket and oil pan gasket I told them no I just need valve cover gaskets and it should not have like three quarts of oil out of my car I watch them for 3 quarts of oil into my car and they were still trying to say it was my fault well I told them there was no way 3 quarts of oil leaked out of my car and I did not know it there is no puddle behind my house and no bottle in front of my bosses house after he drove my car into the shop put it up on the lift I asked him what the grinding noise coming from my transmission was he said I have a bad torque converter but I have a stick shift car so with that being said I will never trust the boys again they are retarded and should never work on cars stay selling parts only my car is now not an incredibly loud over oil change
5.0

Pep Boys - Oil Change Review from Boca Raton, Florida

Pep Boys - Oil Change Review from Boca Raton, Florida
Got here at 7:50 first customer for oil change and 2 hours later still here. Worst service ever. Staff is already on brake while customer wait. Never again!!
Reply to reviews

Pep Boys - Complete run around!

Do not use anything to do with Pepboys! We have been basically scammed, it seems. Not only by the shop itself but also their "Tow service". I called them because when I was driving to work one morning my car began squeaking very loudly and making odd noises and smells. Once I got to work I called and told them what was going on they said it sounded like something to do with my belt and for me to not drive it anywhere. I decided to call their tow service and go ahead and get it to their shop. First the tow truck drivers do not actually work for pepboys, they are outside drivers. They load my car up and say that I owe them money, I tell them no I don't and call the shop where my car is headed, the shop attendant verifies that and my car leaves. Once they get my car and tell me what's going on, after looking at everything, I agree to just get it all fixed for $400. I also decide I want them to go ahead and do an oil change. Once I go to pick up my car they say everything was fixed it's good to go but "oh we forgot to do the oil change", this place is already too far from home I only sent it here because it was close to my work, so I say forget it I will get it done somewhere else. A few weeks later it begins doing the same thing, making noises and smelling odd. It eventually breaks down on the highway, look under the hood, belt popped off. We call them again tell them what happened and they say okay call our tow truck number and we will take a look at it. The 1-800-pep-boys state on the phone they will cover the first 20 miles and we need to pay for the rest. So at this point it was my mother in my car, she didn't know not to pay the tow truck driver the money, well the driver tells her he can only take cash and she owes him X amount. She then follows him to the atm and gives him the cash. Once my car gets to them again, I have to call multiple times just to get an answer on what's going on. They tell me there is an issue with a CV joint which is leaking grease, mind you there was already grease all on the motor the first time they picked it up and I asked them to fix anything that is wrong with it. So they are now wanting to charge another almost $400. $109 for the part and $220 for labor! Then they go on to tell us we owe $80 for the towing. Luckily we have the receipt showing payment for the tow truck. They then go on to tell us the reason they didn't fix this issue in the first place was because they were not aware it needed to be fixed because they were only focused on fixing the belt. The mechanic says he remembers my car and knows for a fact that the first time it was brought in that the belt was completely busted off that was why they replaced it. So please someone tell me this if my belt was completely busted off how in the world would I have gotten all the way to work? My car runs off of one belt without it my car will not go, 2007 Ford Fusion. I am a 23 year old single mother of 2 young boys, who works full time and goes to college part-time, and I feel as if all this company has wanted from the start was to make money off a young woman that seems to know nothing about cars. I don't know much about cars but I do know a run around when I see one. I will be picking up my car tomorrow to take it elsewhere to be fixed, I refuse to give these men anymore of my money. This is the location at 59 & Greenbriar in Houston. Natasha Bennett Houston, Tx
  • So disappointed with this company

Pep Boys - Oil Change Review from Saginaw, Texas

I came into the store. I asked for 2 new tires and a oil change. Immediately I was given a sales pitch for products I do not need. I politely say" all I want is 2 tires and a oil change". The gentlemen behind the desk had very poor customer service and continued to push products on me to the point I had to sternly say " All I want is 2 tires and a oil change". He very rudely points and says the lounge is over there. Next the mechanic comes out and says I need 3 more things done. I say again for the THIRD time " All I want is 2 tires and a oil change". I am a large car savvy guy, I can say NO! If they do this to me imagine what they do to Senior citizens!
3.0

Pep Boys - Bad service

I had appoinment at 12pm for oil change, I was there 15 minutes early and check in. After 2 hours waiting they did even move the car. I call the stores service manager but he did not pick up the phone him! Just another pissed off customer to Pep Boys!! Wish I had read the other reviews before deciding on Pep Boys. In my opinion these guys suck at what they do and use low end sh*t parts to suck at it!!!! Pepboy auto { winchester road in Temecula, California] Don't let these people get near your car!!!!!!!