Car was brought to Pep Boys #199 in Shadyside, PA for overheating by my young son. They could guarantee anything but said there was a 50/50 chance of the repairs making the car drivable back to MD.

They did repairs(some not auth ahead) and said they test drove but had to do one more test for emissions the next day. End result - car not safe to drive, towed it back to md and it wouldn't even start to get it off the tow trolley! I felt that they initial assessment was not honest and the odds of it being repairable were a lot less than 50 per cent. The manager even ask me to pay with a gift card up front because he was afraid I wouldn't pay if it wasn't repairable.

I feel they weren't totally honest with me.

I was out of state, I couldn't see the car...I wouldn't recommend repairs by a company you don't know.

Comments

Irwin, Pennsylvania, United States #29440

Nobody in the auto industry tells a customer that the repair has a 50/50 chance of working.

The one thing we do know is that if you take your car to pepboys you have a 100% chance of getting ripped off

Goshen, Virginia, United States #27697

what was wrong with the vehicle? you gave em the ok to "try" to fix whatever was wrong and it didnt work out..thats not being dishonest considering 50/50 odds on vehicle repair arent very good.

Irwin, Pennsylvania, United States #27382

Pepboys is the bottom feeder of the auto industry. Go there at your own demise