I took my car to Pep Boys to get 2 new tires put on my car. I started getting talked into "if you purchase 4 tires, we offer a mail-in rebate on the fourth tire". Sounded simple enough and figured what the heck? I really need all new tires anyway and I can remember my sister doing it a few years ago. I paid for my tires and was told to mail my receipt and the form I fill out with all my basic info and mailed it in the same day.

I did this back in June and called 6 weeks later when I hadn't received my rebate back. Right away on the message it says ot could take like 8 weeks to process. Ok, I figured I had to wait just a little bit longer and see if it comes in. Weeks went by and I finally called back and spoke with a rep who was unable to pull up my information, meaning they didn't receive anything.

Really?! First off, why the *** do they not have any of my information when you contact the Pep Boys Mail-in Rebate number?? Doesn't make any sense they would have no ones info to show they did purchase 4 tires! They then proceeded to tell me that their must have been an issue with the postal service. That's funny because I mail out all my bills and online shop and receive everything and my bills get paid!

Just so happens this one thing was misplaced when i made sure everything was correct.

*** Pep Boys !

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Rebate.

Comments

We have two rebates pending for tires we purchased on two vehicles. The PepBoys rebate status info shows that both were approved, but neither were mailed, and it has been PAST 4 weeks since they were approved. I just phoned PepBoys rebate line for an update and was told that one card was mailed on Friday of last week, and the other was mailed yesterday (Wednesday). When I asked why their website shows neither was mailed, the customer service rep said he had no idea! I've NOT yet received either of the cards.

I was told that the cards are ONLY good for four months AFTER issued!!! That is NUTS!!!

I'm not impressed with the timeliness of their processing of rebates, NOR am I impressed with the fact that the "rebate debit" cards are ONLY valid for four months.

Overall, NOT impressed with PepBoys rebate service!