Ontario, California

had rear brakes repaired at pep boys Chino Ca (should be *** boys) labor charges to r&r rear disc pads, parking brake shoes, calipers and grease seal $621.80 they added a extended warranty at $104.04 without asking or offering upon arrival extended warranty cost additional to excessive labor charge needless to say rear brakes cost me $1,117.00 had to pay the bill or they would of kept car and put a mechanic lean and sold. called around after receiving cost and the dealer was cheaper than pep boys, they have lost all of my business for life

Comments

Wow, you really did get the *** ripped out of you. I got the brakes replaced on my truck for $392.00, including parts and labor.

Maybe it depends on the Pepboys for the labor charge. I know it's the same company-wide, but the people maybe just sit around for a while and wait, or take their lunch breaks and keep running up the charges. Next time you get your cars serviced from wherever, pay attention to your vehicle.

I can't speak for anyone else but every time my truck goes in for service, I stand by the window and watch them work...my truck has never been left alone for more than a couple minutes, and I'd like to think it's because I'm watching. That goes for both Pepboys, where I got my brakes replaced and will soon be getting my shocks replaced, and Precision Tune, where I usually get my oil changed.