Aliso Viejo, California

I was having problems with my Datsun 280zx and needed a new starter. I purchased a refurbished model, as that was all that was available, and from the start I was having problems.

After a couple weeks of unreliability, I took the car in to show them the problem. They took about a minute looking at my car, not the starting components though, and told me they could not just swap it for a new one. They said there could be issues with other things, such as the wiring, and that they would have to keep it overnight with me eating the cost of inspection. After having a mechanic/friend do tests on all other parts of the system, he found it was indeed the starter.

We bought a new one from Auto Zone and everything works ***. After all this, the manager still refuses a refund.

DON'T SHOP AT PEPBOYS! THERE PRODUCTS ARE FAULTY, AND THE MANAGER AT THIS PARTICULAR LOCATION IS AN UNREASONABLE ***!

Comments

Pepboys is the worst. I purchased a BWD sensor that comes with a lifetime warranty.

It became faulty in about 7 months. I returned it to the Lake Forest PepBoys and the manager was not going to honor the store/product warranty. I made a stink. So, he exchanged it for a new one, but changed the warranty of the product to only 12 months (However, the actual product is lifetime as stated on the box and website).

I no longer shop at pepboys due to this. Kragen/O'Reilly carries the same product line (BWD) and warranties the product as intended with no problems.