1.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Pep Boys has unethical business practices, performs unprofessional services, and has zero liability for their negligence when they destroy your vehicle.

On or about of February 20th 2019, I had called prior to debrief what service I wanted to be done to my car "Oil Change." I provided them with newly purchased high quality oil, oil filter by Bosch and the additive. The additive is needed because newer generation of motor oils currently lack OEM specifications for older type of vehicles.

I stated verbatim on the phone and in person before they rendered the service, place only 5oz of the 3x concentrate of ZDDP into my oil, which is also stated verbatim on the back of the bottle for this make and model.. They did the exact opposite, I witnessed them through the window putting the entire contents of the bottle in my car even when I gave clear and concise instructions. Immediately I spoke directly with their mechanic where I mentioned that from innumerous research that by doing so can cause severe damage to the catalytic converter, whom he responded that information was incorrect. Less than 2 weeks later, my car now guzzles 8 gallons of fuel within 80 mile trip plus no more wind coming out of my exhaust pipe.

Diagnosis: Damaged Catalytic Converter.

Pep Boys happily declined to repair the inflicted damages to my vehicle.

Enter at your own risk. Inability to read, inability to render adequate and professional services.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Oil Change.

Comments

h.kitchener

You can get a free consult from an attorney to see whether you can hold them accountable. A new cat converter is not cheap.

It is never safe to rely on these chain auto repair shops to be reliable or knowledgeable or even care what instructions you have left for them. If you cannot change the oil and filter yourself, best to find a small auto repair guy in your area to whom you can entrust your car to and who will follow your instructions.