Pep Boys Car Repair Review

9 of 1292 Pep Boys reviews

Went to Pep Boys at 701 Rt 440 Jersey City to change my front break pads.First visit seemed ok, they told me that the rotors needed to be machined for optimal break pad contact.

I went back next week for 30k waranty maintenance thats when fishy stuff happened. Representative called me to notify me that the front and back rotors needed to be replaced as well as the pads! I've told her that i've done the front break at their location last week and I will not pay for service twice. She said that she neened to talk to the manager.

Few minutes later she called to notify that since they did the front breaks they will replace them for free but the back still need to be replaced. I've agreed to front breaks replacement as well as the original reason i was there the back breaks i went to check with the dealership. When i got out of the Pep boys i've noticed rattling noise on the front right side and asked the dealership to check that as well. Dealer said that there is still plenty of life on the back breaks as well as rotors and that the noise was caused by the some spring that was adjusted during maintenance.

Leaving the dealer i still heard the noise so i went to a local guy and he told me that the front break pad was not fastened in :O I will never go back to Pep Boys nor that dealership at route 4 Paramus Hyundai.Oh and the noise is gone.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
9 of 1292 Pep Boys reviews
h.kitchener

Jan 05 #1266260 Columbia, South Carolina, United States

The problem with having these chain companies like Pep Boys do auto repair work is that you never know who is doing the work or even if the work they suggest needs doing. The best place to go for auto maintenance work is a local repair shop that has been in business for a long time and one which your friends and relatives have patronized for years. The second place is a dealership because they require their repair people to be certified in the areas they work on. Some dealerships are better than others, of course but if your car is out of warranty, you need to find a good repair shop and use them all the time, not a chain like Pep Boys.

0 0 Reply
Mustard

Jan 26 #1276670 East Orange, New Jersey, United States

I've mived here recently so local shops recommended by friends and family is out of the question. I could have asked the co-workers but most of them either have no cars or go to a dealership which I was already doung. So the only option for me was to probe for myself, which I did. Still, not fastening the break pads is on the same level as leaving the wheel bolts loose!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Pep Boys. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Pep Boys.
Filing a new complaint about
×