Product: Pep Boys Car Repair Clear all filters (70 of 70 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Pep Boys - Car Repair Review

Got new tires put on and their alignment machine was broken. Told me they would call me as soon as it was fixed. Three weeks later, I still had not received a call telling me to come back, that the machine was fixed. I dropped in and the alignment machine was fixed. Why didn't anybody call me? Oh I don't know. Still charged me full price. They are so unprofessional. I will never go back to them. As I'm waiting in their waiting room, I noticed several customers with complaints. It's definitely not a one time thing.
1.7

Pep Boys - Engine light on

this place sucks dont bring your car there unless its like the end of the world really they have a tv so u can get lost in the waiting time as you wait i waited 90 mis just to have the engine light checked and then said i had to go and the manger of the store was like ok lol no sorry no what is the matter go back to the middle east or where ever the *** u come from u ***. this place is a joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke
2.8
I didn't like
  • No one cares how long you wait for a 3 min check enging light

Pep Boys - Deceptive Service Desk Manager

PEPBOYS BROADWAY AVE CHULA VISTA CA. 11/29/2016. For front end suspension repair 2008 VW Beetle Conv. 2.5L. The estimate went from 19.99 at 0939 am to $911 with nothing written to nearly $1900 at 630pm. WRONG AND NOT FAIR Checked vehicle in for noise front Driver side when in speed dips, bumps. Desk manager Mark handled arrival. Courteous at first. Told 19.99 to inspect the car and latervwe work that out if work is done. 1st problem is naturally if work is done, the inspection fee would be dropped. Wrong ! Tech did the Inspection. Said the lower tie rods were loose and needed replacement, along with balljoint {small}. It was also recommened to change the strut unitls and strut mounts. On the screen was the estimate. And as use to be the norm, as if all the work was to be done. I clearly asked how much for the repairs and stated by the desk manager he said $911. I mentioned on the screen was an alignment. But I was already covered 5 year plan. He said he would remove it. Then said it will be just under 900. I said ok. Asked if I needed to sign the estimate. He said no. STRANGE Pepboys always had a clearly written estimate. TECHNICIAN SHOWED loose lower control bar. Struts looked ok, no leaks or heavy worn. But ok change. I left cameback at 1pm. Problem. The monro spectrum struts did not fit. The lower end strut was way too large- but they had another but it would not be in until 5 or 6 pm. The manager did not want to call vw or around but did with my insistence. He found another strut unit and sent someone to get them. The parts arrived and service continued. The rep left and turned over to a desk service rep. The car was put on the alignment rack and when done. I went to checkout expecting a bill for 800 plus. Oh no, after being asked what i was quoted and said a little over 800. He said we had a problem. He quoted nearly $1900. No way! He went to another computer and worked some numbers. Took off the 19.99 and some overpriced lefetime warranties, took off the alignment but alignment labor for similar amount. Did not honor 50% off strut installment as advertized. Said he drpped it by 20% {actually dropped warranty overages for struts and control arms}. … it was reduced to 1300 plus. Refused to discuss further refused to have store manager cone and review saying we already talked to a manager on the phone. Refused military discount as always provided. Horrible way to treat customers.
2.7
I liked
  • 4 service desk reps but onlu 3 mechanics
  • Mechanics demonstrating problems
I didn't like
  • No written estimate
  • Inflating final bill not agreed upon at estimate
  • Failure to be clear to customer

Pep Boys - BadBusiness

I took my 02 Kia Rio into them because when i started it, it periodically was making a prolonged squealing sound and i told them i was smelling burning oil on my drive to and from work. The supervisor sent a man out with me for a short test drive. It didnt squeal then but they said they would take a look before they could say what was wrong and treat it as a standard tune up. (cost; about $240.) So i leave it there. Later, they call and diagnose my only problem wassome hose had broke and was leaking oil and my entire spark plug assembly was black and about ruin. $approx 540. Im at a new job and need it fixed so i agree. The next day the supervisor calls me and says after the repair, while they were testing it on the machine, my timing belt broke, struck a piston, and my motor was ruined. But they can sell me another motor.for $2400. But he can get it down to $2000. Im in shock. And i know zilch about cars. Needless to say, 4 months later my car is still sitting in the yard and i have been getting a ride to work with a co-worker. I will be the first to admit, the timing belt was ancient. The original on the car in fact. but there is only about 52,000 miles on this kia and when you carry a vehicle in to any shop to get it looked at, there is a reasonable expectation the report card the PROFESSIONALS servicing your vehicle come up with after they exam it, will tell you exactly whats going. especially when you tell them what the car has been doing. MY car went into their shop with a good engine. In my opinion, despite the hit to their pockets, they should have replaced my motor. OR knocked a big percentage off my cost for a new. As is, because i strive to be a person of intergrity, I paid for the hose/spark plug work,(approx $455), got it towed back to my apartment($65) and it has been sitting there ever since. I cannot afford $2000 for a another engine I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN. And i recommend anyone to stay away.

Pep Boys - Car Repair Review from Richmond, Virginia

Pep Boys on Military Highway in Norfolk is the worst. I took my car in for simple brake pads and resurfacing of rotors. They quoted me $517! Are you crazy? I googled brake service and repair in Norfolk and got a number for Big ALS less than 2 miles away. They quoted me $298. I took my car back and went to Big ALS. Less than 2 hours after getting the ridiculous quote from Nehcole at Pep Boys, I am riding around $219 richer and a whole lot safer. Thanks Shawn at Big Al's. You are the best! Again, Pep Boys is the worst!

Pep Boys - Service and repair

had my vw bug towed to PepBoys Oceanside (Plaza) for a broken heater hose connector after they replaced it said the car was over heating, strange because I had a new radiator with hoses installed 30 days ago, they came back and admitted three times that they miss diagnosed the problem and would take care of it no charge this was said by two managers and one store manager. 6 weeks later I pick up my car some how the battery was completely dead so bought a new one, *** in my car and the speedometer does not work, took it back, they said they will look into it and fix it well over two months later manager calls said it is the cluster i need to pay 1,500.00 to fix it..Strange there was never a problem with it. When I make a mistake or mess up I admit it and fix it on my dime that is the right thing to do.. So I take in my car in for a cracked connector and paid for that and get back a car I cant drive because I cant tell how fast im going unless i paid them 1,500.00 I demand to be compensated for there inability to fix my car correctly the first time!!! Henry, Oceanside CA

Pep Boys - Car Repair Review from Arlington, Texas

Had a good idea of what was wrong with my 2002 Toyota Camry suspension. Thumping noise rear passenger side. Common problem on Camry caused by sway bar bushings going bad. Talked with the service advisor about it. Pep Boys did a courtesy check and found what the mechanic said was the problem. $420.00 and a half-hour later, I still had the same problem. Charged me $125.00 each (2 installed) for parts which I called another Pep Boys store about, sells for $65.00 each. All kinds of warranty charges, shop charges, etc. wouldn't have minded the cost so much but the problem is still there after $420.00 and I told them what the fix was ! Won't be going back there any more. Is everybody out to rob everybody else these days ? Ridiculous !
2.7

Pep Boys - Car Repair Review from Houston, Texas

Went to pep boys on erst road hpuston to fixa. Leak on my tire. They sd 20 bucks for a plug. To wait ten minutes. An hour later they were took a new walk in's car for service ahead of mine. I went to airline after walking out. To a tire shop in little mexico. I was in and out in 10 minutes and was charged 6 bucks. II have all my tires from pep boys at present. They felt my repair was not important and all shops are independent and dont recognize you as a customer w a profile should b nationwide.
2.2

Pep Boys - Car Repair Review from Portland, Oregon

IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING ON GETTING YOUR CAR SERVICED HERE, PLEASE READ: If you want to feel taken advantage of, treated disrespectfully, waste your money and be spoken to condescendingly, then this is your place. I've been a loyal customer to Pep Boys for the past 9 years. It's safe to assume that I've spent thousands of dollars on multiple cars in our household throughout the years. In California, I have never had an issue with their service. Unfortunately, my most recent experience at Pep Boys was beyond disappointing. Yelp reviews warned me to stay away but I went against it because of the positive experiences I've had. After bringing the car in for service and paying for it, we found out a couple weeks later that they actually misdiagnosed it and that it would cost an additional $700 to "really" fix it. No apology. No explanation. Nothing. In fact, the supervisor, Mike, and the manager, Aaron, were extremely rude. As a woman, they were very condescending to me. As a customer, they had no concept of customer service whatsoever. Mike said to me, "You need to listen to me." Aaron stood by the fact that the problem they fixed, which came back, is now a different problem. The same EXACT problem. However, it's not their problem and I need to pay $700 more. Go support another location or a small, reputable business instead.
#919729

Pep Boys - Car Repair Review from Baltimore, Maryland

Ok so i have visited pepboys quit a few times. The first time was to gey a simple yire change, that took three hours to complete, whike everyone was standing around. 2Nd trip was to get a radator flush. Was told it was 59.99 and when i get there the price jumped to 99.99. Ok so now today my third trip, i was told when i called that they were availible to plug two of my tires, i drove 20 miles to the nearest pepboys to be told they couldnt do it till tomorrow. Im extremely disgusted and WILL NOT RETURN TO PEPBOYS FOR BUSINESS.