I visited the local Pep Boys to purchase rear brake shoes for a Ford Taurus. After about 60,000 miles they were due for replacement. I purchased the box containing the brake shoes and took them home and put them on one side of the car. After getting them on I noticed the lining on one of the 4 shoes was different, the lining was not as thick, i.e., thinner. This is not acceptable as they all must be the same so I removed the shoes that I just installed and put them back in the box and took them back to the store. I asked for another set and the guy said he would not exchange them as there was some superficial dirt on them. (This was from putting them on and then taking them off, basically hand prints)

I then asked for my money back and he said no to that. I told him the dirt is not really the problem as they are defective and they should be returned to the vendor and not resold to some other customer. That might even be unsafe. He still refused. I left the store and drove down the street to Kragen and bought the shoes there.

I cooled off and I returned to Pep Boys with the defective shoes in hand and talked to the manager. I told her I would not ever shop at Pep Boys again. She offered to make a deal and I said no thanks, I was done with Pep Boys, they have lost me as a customer and I have informed my friends to avoid the place.

Pep Boys do not understand customer service and the basics that the customer is 'right' if they expect repeat customers. They might even sell defective parts to the next customer when it's put in their face!

After 2 hours of work, putting on and off the brake shoes, 3 trips to the store, and trying to explain the situation they are done in my book. I hear the company is not doing well , this could be just another reason why.

Comments

#195303

i purchased an alternator with a life time warr. After a few months it started howling .

I removed it and took it in.They told me i was crazy and it must be some other noise.Yesterday it stranded me 40 miles fron home,i went in with it and was told i never bought it from them.their computer says so. i went to napa and bought a new one.

IF YOU THINK COMPANY IS NOT DOING WELL. THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED THE STOCK MARKET YOU SHOULD DISCOVER IT AND HAVE A LITTLE FUN

THAT IS WEIRD. THE EMPLOYEE WAS BEING A ***.

USUALLY ONLY CUSTOMERS THAT MISTREAT PEP BOYS WORKERS GET THIS KIND OF TREATMENT.

IF YOU DID NOT INSULT THE EMPLOY AND WERE COOL AND THEY STILL TREATED YOU LIKE THAT THAT SUCK WILL MISS YOUR MONEY. IF YOU WERE THE RUDE ONE THAT IS KARMA AND CAN ALSO HAPPEN AT KRAGEN AZONE ETC..........

your a liar you all end up comming back to pepboys...if i had a dollar everytime i heard that i would be rich...you are an ***

well i hope that your momma guy doesnt work for pbs but they should have definitely taken back your shoes and defected them out. its not an uncommon thing to happen so it shouldnt have been a problem

Customer service is not a priority when businesses leave that up to the worker. Many are likes of unintelligent "Your Mamma." Auto stores have quite a few deprived conceited workers. If PepBoys doesn't treat you right, you've made the wise choice to move on.

Blah blah blah your an ***, shut the *** up the customer is always "right"....what movie or "movies" did you get that out of, try stepping into the real world for a change ***