In 2003, I had purchased a used truck with a brand new engine, literally brand new, right out of the garage. I went to go have it smogged at Pep Boys on Sepulveda Blvd.

in Van Nuys. Once I got there, I checked in, left my truck, for 45 minutes, came back and the mechanic said: "Something is wrong with it, it failed the smog test, and I am not sure what is wrong. I have to do a diagnostic test." I said, "What!? This truck has a brand new engine in it, I just got it out of the shop.

How can anything be wrong with it! I don't believe you." He showed me the test and it said "Idle failed".

Now, how do I know he didn't happen to adjust the idle while I was gone, tested the vehicle and it failed so he could charge me $83.00 to do a diagnostics test. That is such bull ***.

I will never to back to this Pep Boys ever again.

They have lost me as a customer forever. I hope people will read this article and not go to Van Nuys Pep Boys anymore.

Comments

Van Nuys, California, United States #951946

Thanks for the review. I was going to go to that same pep boys shop tomorrow but after reading your review I think I'll go some where else.

Thanks for posting.

You may have very well saved me eighty sum odd bucks.

Livingston, New Jersey, United States #551773

Your engine could be new but if your catalytic converters are bad it will fail ***

anotherpissedone

It passed with no issues.

So what happened when you took the truck somewhere else to have the smog check?