White Plains, New York

I went to Pep Boys for an Oil Change. As usual they like to tamper with things that you didnt want them to do!

After paying I went to get my car and saw the mechanic with my car hood up touching stuff under the hood still. He asked me if my car was accelerating on it own before i came for my oil change. AND IT DID NOT. I felt deep down that Pep Boys was trying ruining my car inorder to get more money from me.

While driving on the Highway 5 Minutes after. My car went from 50-90mph in 6 Secs by itself and the brake was stuck. I had to press as hard as i can to get to side of the road and use the Emergency Brake and this still wasn't enough. I had to shut off the car instantly to avoid hitting a tree or driving off a nearby hill and ending my life.

Im only 20 years old. My life barely started.

And because of Pep Boys greed for money I could have lost my life before it began. Please do not use endanger your life by using Pep Boys to service your vehicle.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Oil Change.

Comments

if anything you should thank them for the performance boost

50 to 90? Are you serious?

And you claim the jammed your brakes?

get a grip what is wrong with you? Your math does not equal a whole number pal!

50 to 90 in 6 seconds? Not bad but be sure to get an oil change or you may not be able to stop the car. :grin

Pep Boys worked on my cargo van three consecutive times with bad luck and refunded a portion of my money back. No more Pep Boys for me.

you guys are all dumb, if your getting an oil change and the tech don't point out other things wrong with your car, you complaint that we didnt inform you and when we do u *** still complaint that were ripping you off

get real she is bull *** i work on car she need too ride a wagon

Not all store or employees fit the description of *** artist thief or convict and not all the stores operate in a bad manner...just like all companies there are ones that need work or need new employees...I have worked in small independent shops as well as large corporate stores they all are the same all over the world...not defending the incompetent ones just the ones that do a great job and get classified as a whole some of use take pride in what we do and do not need to be classified with all...

Good Lord people, learn how to spell. It truly makes you look uneducated and moronic. Oh, and Pep Boys sucks, go to a small garage to have work done, not Pep or Jiffy Lube type *** hole.

I wish my car could accelerate from 60 to 90 MPH. I'm taking my car to PEPBOYS.

your story does not add up...your car is a turd :cry

50 to 90 in 6 seconds? Sounds like they supercharged it for you, send them a thank you! Your story doesn't add up, sorry.

if you would learn how to perform such simple tasks to your cars or at least get off your waiting area *** and watch those people you let touch your ride they are less apt to start fiddling with areas that dont have nothing to do with what you came their for.

Yep this happened to me too. They messed with a bunch of things under my hood so I would come back.

Instead I went to my dealership and they fixed everything.

I had leaks, to loose things under the hood. U should've sued them and someone needs to do so!

multi million dollar company? don't you people realize the ceo of this company is not in the building.

there a bunch of *** artists and convicts. just like when you need to get your $20.00 (if you do it yourself) brake pads changed all of a sudden you need new rotors and your calibers are bad and your car will not stop unless you pay $800.00. I have never had a brake caliber go bad after being told they were bad. these guys are slipping money in their own pockets.

if you pay cash they have this slick scam after you pay they print up an other receipt with the real prices they charge after giving you a fake. pocketing 25 percent of each cash transaction.

if you say hurry up im in a rush or something they will leave the oil screw loose or your lug nuts depending on what you are getting done. also there is the "this is going to cost you thousands but i can do it after hours for a fraction of the price.

You were going 90 mph and stopped the car with the emergency brake?? Get real!!

They didnt tighten my lug nuts after getting new tires.

:( Get a Attorney and sue the pants off them!!!

you sound like a dumb *** and what your discribing makes no sense. Get a life and quit trying to blame your POS!!!!!!

cars problems on others. :cry :cry :cry

You would be surprise and shocked what kind of mechanics companies hire to work on your cars. I think Pep Boys recruits them out of the prison systems!