On 7.29.17 I had $726.09 in work on my 2001 Nissan Sentra done at the Redlands Blvd Pep Boys in Redlands, CA.The car was not running properly after the work was done, so I took the car to another shop for a inspection.

I was ripped off by the Pep Boys Techs at this location: (1) Told Tech to run OBD II scanner to pull codes, engine runs rough…Turns out the scanner was never used, If they had scanned the car, they would have pulled a trouble code that indicated a bad rear oxygen sensor. (2) Found that the spark plus had not been changed during the tune-up, this is retail fraud as I was charged for new plugs. A MAF sensor code was also missed, And the techs did not clean the throttle body. I had to spend $400 at another shop to repair the car correctly.

I took all the receipts and the old parts – plus ‘new’ parts as proof, and both the store manager and the service manager agreed to refund me to my card for $447.62. They told me a Rhonda Grant at (215) 430-9095 X 6327 would call me on the details to get my $447.62 back. I waited two weeks and this lady never calls me. So I finally called her for days, no luck, leaving VM’s on her phone…She would not call me.

I called customer relations and they told me to call the supervisor, Steve Shur, at the same number X 4675. I have left three phone call messages for this man, still no results, no returned phone calls. Both the store manager and the service manager (Carlos) agreed that I was due a refund of $447.62, Claim No 1708336640. But everyone from Pep Boys Claims Dept refuses to return my phone calls…This is horrific customer services, the operating location here in Redlands, CA tells me I should have got my refund 10 days ago.

Please refund my $447.62 immediately, or I am going to hire a attorney and file for class action status.If this nightmare has happened to me, It’s had to have happened to many others…

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Prices.

I didn't like: Illegal actions, Lie about the work needed, Failure to be clear to customer.

Had an Experience with Pep Boys?

Comments