Colorado Spgs, Colorado

About a year ago I bought a battery from pep boys because they claimed the battery I had was no good after testing it. Well, I bought their battery and 1 day kater...same issue with my car...now I was frustrated because I bought a brand new battery, paid for the maintenance on it and was guaranteed this was the problem. If that was the case, my car would work. I'm not a mechanic, but I do know enough to know the voltage on my car in order for a battery to work properly , and that voltage is supposed to be above 12. If it is below, it does not power the alternator and will die out. So...I took my car to firestone. They said the battery isn't the issue, it's the alternator. Ended up paying for a new alternator and voila, My car worked again....tried to take the battery back to pep boys and they said they already trashed my old one so there was no way of getting my money back...or even my old battery, which worked fine.

Now here's the best part. Just yesterday I took my car into firestone and they told me the battery was leaking and beginning to swell on the side, so I bought a new battery from them. They said it's ridiculous I had bought that battery a year ago and on the side it says 2 years guarantee! So we took it back to pep boys. They told me no, can't give you your money back, it's not even in our system that we put the battery in for you. Please come back when you have the receipt.....ok. sure thing pep boys. Luckily, i save all my receipts and work logs on my car. So I took an extra trip to my house to get that year old receipt and maintenance log. And when I come back the guy tells me hmmmm..strange, it's not in our system. But thank god I had that receipt...because if I hadn't...they wouldn't have done *** for me. It's ridiculous that they needed a small piece of paper to already back up what I was saying and give me a 30 minute schpeel on why it's not in your system. I don't care. Your battery is defective. I paid for it. It was maid in June of 2013. Give me my money back or give me a battery that actually works. I did end up getting my money back, after 3 trips to the place with full evidence. But here is a summary of my thoughts on this place.

1. The workers do NOT put the customers situations first. They act on their own decisions and what they think, they do not listen to " the voice of the customer" therefore, your service is poor and your business is at a loss.

2. Mechanics are trained professionals, not amateurs.your mechanics have no clue what they are doing, or they just waste time messing around. you cannot expect to see results if you do not have the proper training or proper experts.

3. Know your products and your systems. If you don't know how to do something, or don't know the answer, do not wing it....go seek someone or call some one who has the answers.

4. Being rude or snappy...makes me like you that much less. I'm the customer, and no matter what, I am always right. I am there for a reason, not just to waste my time. I genuinely need your help, so please put my needs before yours for just a moment of your time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Yes you need a receipt to return anything anywhere you go.What makes you so special that you don't need one and they should take your word for it.Next time you get pulled over tell the officer that you left your insurance card at home and that he should take your word that you have.Let me know how that works out for you.Oh and when you go to court tell the judge that your allways right.