1.4

Really Pep Boys? Not paying on $10 rebate from your own website product page with the receipt that you sent me?

I guess that you really don't value me as a customer? I even called the 800 number on the postcard to give you a chance to make it right. Your representative told me I bought the wrong jack. I stated that the jack product page advertised rebate and had a link to pdf.

She then said that the receipt didn't have a sales date, store location, nor register number. I said, I bought this online and that is the receipt that you sent me. (It does have a date, but no store location or register number.) She told me she would have to transfer me to customer service who would send me a new receipt, then I would need to mail that receipt back in. I said,"OK".

She then transferred me to a voice message that said to try my call later and hung up on me. I'm glad that there are tons of other websites and locations where I can get this same stuff that do value their customers.

Enjoy the $10! You'll never get another penny from me!

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Rebate.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Dont stand behind offers advertised on website.

Comments

Visited Pep Boys in March, had brakes and oil change completed. Pep Boys said I would get a $50.00 rebate, after I spent $300, and if I go online and submit information from receipt, I would get the $50.00 within 7 days.

Well I went to the rebate website and guess what, the rebate and receipt number is not working. I called the rebate number gave them my information, they said it takes 6 to 8 weeks to receive a $50 Visa Gift Card.

Really Pep Boys?!?!! Not only that, I had to take car back to Pep Boys because the brakes kept squealing....Really Pep Boys?!?!?

to Anonymous #1460417

I am experiencing the same thing so I guess I'll call them... again.

I had to have the brake job redone 2 weeks later, too. The customer service from the location that fixed it and the area director was perfectly fine but it is frustrating and took a day of work away from me.