HAD PEPBOY TIRES on my truck from a previous purchase. It's about time for a new set. Went to the PEP-BOYS store to get the TIRES PRO-RATED, NEW ONES AND ALIGNMENT.

I get there and they tell me theres HARDLY ANY $ LEFT IN THE PRO-RATE. SO, I SHOULD JUST PAY full price. I am going to SHOP AROUND if i'm going to PAY FULL PRICE. i told them to go ahead and do the ALIGNMENT.

I PAID for the alignment. WHEN I left it was like I was short a HUNDRED BUCKS but, NO ALIGNMENT HAD BEEN DONE. SO, an hour later, I TRIED TO CALL THE MANAGER.

WAS supposed to receive a call back. AFTER 11 DAYS OF CALLING CORPORATE,I GET A CALL BACK FROM A DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE THAT TALKED OVER ME, CUT ME OFF ON THE PHONE AND ACTUALLY TOLD ME ALIGNMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH VIBRATION IN THE FRONT END OF A VEHICLE. THIS WAS THE STORE MANAGER that told me this.

THERE was alot more wrong with my first visit. BUT, keeping this short.

Considering they are making a hundred $ for adjusting four screws, they can at least do a good job. They dont even have to move a product. I get nothing tangible for my hard earned $. Then they didn't even do anything. And took my money.

Et. Al. I cant believe the manager stressed to me vibration in the front end of a car has nothing to do with alignment.

Comments

Alignment corrects the angles that a tire rides on the pavement and the positions that they sit in the wheel well. It neither causes nor cures vibrations. Vibrations are usually because of uneven or defective tire wear, or tire balancing.

Vibration ALMOST always has everything to do with an alignment. I assisted in an alignment today on a vehicle that had been riding toe-out for a while, and they refused to get new tires. With the old uneven wear, it was almost like it was riding on the edge again, causing a vibration on a computer-verified alignment.

VIBRATION HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH ALIGNMENT