So I went into Pep Boys today after calling for availability for an oil change. The guy on the phone was very friendly and I was looking forward to the visit. When I arrived, I went to the service/tires desk and WAITED and WAITED and WAITED. Then someone came over and directed the other person and myself to another area. Even though I had been there for at least 15 minutes at this point, they served the person who was behind me in line first and then had several other people, who came after me, checked out because "they are only checking out."

When I was finally served, the person writing my service order was rude at best. It was as if he'd never heard of a car before. When he gave me the final price ($84)I said, for what? He said synthetic oil. In which I said, your going to mark me up 50% because of synthetic oil when it only costs a dollar more per quart than conventional? He was again rude and said do you want the service or not?

At this point I walked away to avoid getting arrested.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Oil Change.

Comments