I took my car in on Saturday, September 20. They knew it needed a water pump by the end of the day because they tore it down. According to the book, it's a 4.7 hour job in total.

While there had it tore down, they said I should replace the timing belt and serpentine belt. That's fine. I'll go along with that. That was on Monday.

Wednesday, after telling us each day that it will be done at the end of the day, they say it needs a new timing belt tensioner. I don't know why it took them until Wednesday to realize that.

Thursday afternoon, they called and said they ordered the wrong part. The new part couldn't be there until Tuesday. I calmly said that was ridiculous and asked if they were going to compensate me for the inconvenience. The manager says - these were his exact words - "I'm sorry, I can't do that. Unfortunately, it's an inconvenience for us, too. Your car is starting to take up a lot of our time."

What??? That's not my fault you guys are slow and ordered the wrong part.

So now it's Sunday night. More than 8 days have passed since I took it in for a 5 hour job. I just drove by there and my car is still in the garage with the hood up, so I'm assuming the part still isn't there.

Oh yeah...and on Thursday, the manager also told me that he would drive have the part "overnighted" to him. As of 10:30 AM yesterday, it was still in Memphis, Tennessee. I live in California.

The way I've been treated seriously makes me want to punch my father-in-law in the face for recommending Pep Boys to me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Part Replacement.

Comments

Pepboys - Bottom Feeders of the Auto Industry

Very nice, pepboys rocks.

I'm just posting this so people know what to expect when they go to this disaster of a repair shop. Just because you probably manage one of the places doesn't mean you have be a ***.

I 100% agree with you that Pep Boys sucks ***. They tried to over charge me for stuff I didn't need done. And they have horrible customer service.

PEP BOYS SUCKS! RIP OFF, SCAMMING MOTHER ***!

all I can say about u is go :cry some more

Yeah...I know. But the Saturn dealer is in Columbia, TN apparently.

Via FedEx, the part went from Columbia to Memphis to be shipped to California. But the part was never seen again.

no pepboys in memphis tn