1.7
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Had the left front wheel bearing replaced on my 1999 Toyota Corolla. 6 months later and less than 10,000 miles.

(it's my work car for field service), familiar grinding , airplane taking off noise from left front wheel well. Yup ... wheel bearing again. Pep Boys replaced for free but again used economy "Duralast" part.

More like Durafail. Now 9 months later and a different state away I again have to contend with a failed left front wheel bearing. After some research, it seems that Duralast economy wheel bearings are known to be problematic. Pep Boys never offered a better quality part.

Instead, they just charged me $80.00 for a part I could get from Rock Auto for $12.00. After some research, I have learned that National Bearing makes a premium wheel bearing for my car that costs a whopping $32.00 at Rock Auto. I have ordered one and will have it installed at a local highly rated garage. All for 1/3 less than what Pep Boys charged me.

My advice based on this experience is stay away from Pep Boys. Find a local garage that has high customer reviews to have your car serviced.

If you can find one that lets you bring your own parts, all the better. Tony Jimenez

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Car Repair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor work.

Comments