Took car in to have belt noise looked at. Manager calls me with over $800 estimate to fix.

When I go to get my car take it to another auto shop, manager says belt seized up when they were looking at it and it would cost me $400 to get it drivable again. After telling him how upset I was at this news, he said they could try and get it drivable but it would take 20 minutes. He also told me I probably wouldn't get far, that it would break down and I'd do major damage. I told him that the whole situation was shady, he got indignant that I would question the integrity of the place.

Two minutes later (instead of 20) a mechanic pulled my car out. I was going to pay for their evaluation but the manager said no charge. I drove the car to another auto shop with no issues. Currently waiting to get their estimate.

I don't care if it's $900; as long as none of it goes to Pep Boys. Felt like my car was being held hostage, like I was being forced into Pep Boys service. I would avoid the place. There are so many better shops to get work done in Athens.

Hawthorne Automotive and/or 76 on corner of Alps and Baxter. Why I didn't go to either of these place to begin with was my first mistake and one that I will not make again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Car Repair Estimate.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments