PEP BOYS in Lancaster, Fruitville Pike store,

I was asked to drop off my daughters Jetta for inspection there,so I did, next day I was told it needed a 650.00 for inspection overhaul. I was told, the battery ( interstate) was dead, 1 yr old, and..............

Well that was the start of the BS from them.

I was told the headlites were dull, and needed I thnk they called it shaving them to increase the brightness.60.00

Then the oil change, another 30.00 plus, inspection costs, then it needed calibers for the rear, about 400.00.

So lets review

Inspection and oil change......................87.00

calibers for rear.............................400.00

Head lites corrected...........................60.00

Battery........................................92.00

They never looked at rear lites out....or informed me of them, as I fixed them myself.(4.99)

total from Pep boys............................639.00

taxes in PA.............................6%

I told my daughters car to my inspection station, telling them what PEP BOYS said about the conditions of her car and asked to have them do the work...................................... rotors only... total for inspection 130.00 for everything.

Please tell me what and how they continue to exist......... what about a class action lawsuit..... enjoin all and closing them down totally.

Jerry

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Oil Change.

Comments

Excuse me. I meant to say one can fail it while another can pass it***

Inspection mechanics are empowered to fail a vehicle for certain items based on their discretion. One tech can fail something that is border line, while another can fail it. It really depends on the guy inspecting the car