Pep Boys - I am A PEPBOYS EMPLOYEE AND PEPBOYS IS TERRIBLE

848 of 1292 Pep Boys reviews

I am a Pep Boys employee and I see first hand the ways they rip off the customer.From telling you your rotors are bad when they dont even have the tool to measure the run out on the rotors, to telling you your shocks are bad, and when you ask why they tell you that there is a small leak in the reservoir.

But what they actually did was puncture a hole in it with a nail. Also never get your alignment done at Pep boys, all they will give you is a toe and go, which means they dont do caster or camber just toe, which equates to you having to get new tires in about a year. I have seen the toe and go more times here they I have ever seen anywhere else and I have worked at two different pep boys and they all do it.

It actually sickens me to see this done.Someone please sue pep boys for this we have camera's out in the shops now and they keep camera data for 3 years , so if your tires go bad within a year contact pep boys support they have to show you the camera video, and if you see toe and go you can sue pep boys.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 47 Yes 47 155 No 155
Had the same issue 34 Yes 34
848 of 1292 Pep Boys reviews

Oct 24, 2016 #1231522 Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

U think that's bad!!! People check out the price of the part u get at the parts counter ..... then check out the price u pay if u get the part through the service desk...then have them explain the parts and labor warranty of it all if the part fails!!! What a total rip off!!!!!! Some high end *** thought of this!!! The customer has no choice but to except this policy!!!! Don't take your car to this rip off facility!!!!

Sep 14, 2016 #1212933 Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa

I never knew a hydraulic shock absorber had a reservoir. How *** are you? I hope you never work on my truck.

Sep 10, 2016 #1210527 Sylacauga, Alabama, United States

Well I'll say this about them. I took my car in for a new slave cylinder and clutch. They put them in and when I got the car it was barely shifting. They told me I needed an adjustable master cylinder. So I bought one and they put it I for me. Then it started leaking, and the clutch started slipping after 4 days. They assured me i had to "break in" the clutch and the leak was just from where they bled the lines. And that the jet black fluid coming from my car was just degreaser.. *** degreaser. A steady leak of degreaser? I called their bosses boss and I am now getting all new parts and labor with no additional charge at with another mechanic. They told me my flywheel and clutch disc were burnt to ***. And that they messed up the rear transmission seal and that's why it was leaking. Moral of the story: Don't go to pep boys for anything other than new tires and mounting. I can't believe I thought these "mechanics" could do anything other than brakes. With the exception of a hand full of techs that are with them of course.

Minus

May 05, 2016 #1154579

Ihop serves pancakes alll day.

2 0 Reply
Chocolate Malted Crunch

May 05, 2016 #1154578 Chino Hills, California, United States

Emergency Numbers
Use your emergency contacts like a Pep Boys 911 to quickly get answers to urgent questions. Remember to check Alerts before using these contacts.
Emergencies should never be sent in Help Ticket or Feedback.
You have an urgent matter with supplies, service equipment, your building or grounds, call Property Management's facilities service center at 1-888-545-8532
You have a Human Resources issue that can't be resolved, call the Associate Services Line at 1-800-233-3312
If there is an IT-related failure at your location and it needs to be fixed as soon as possible, call the IT Help Desk at 215-430-9555 If you suspect theft or illegal activity at Pep Boys, call the Refuse2Lose/Integrity Pays hotline at 1-800-PEP-1213 (1-800-737-1213) If there is an emergency at your location, i.e. a fire, injury, accident, etc., call the crisis hotline at 1-800-542-8526 If a reporter or any media company should contact you for an interview or story of any kind, you must first call Media Relations at 215-430-9447, for approval prior to any interaction with the media.

Jan 14, 2016 #1094531

Your car broke its timing belt and ruined your engine so let's lie blame else where you took your car in for a reason the heap had a broken timing belt they had to do it your heap was perfect but good luck on a law suit stupidity against corporate lawyers let us know

Supid people

Jan 14, 2016 #1094526 Reno, Nevada, United States

What a bitter employee I've worked at pepboys for almost 20 years and have never seen or witnessed anything like what he says they do,don't get me wrong pepboys sucks and the pay is terrible but don't make it sound like the techs are crooked and they do things to people's cars that's why they have cameras to catch employees like this guy from destroying your car.

Nov 28, 2015 #1070651

I bought a Honda new, the dealer did 100% of the service work on it, there was not one mechanical fault when I gave it to my daughter.
She went to Pep Boys 4,000 miles later for an oil change and an inspection came up with $3200 of needed work, including $55.00 to change a burned out brake light bulb.
Can you smell the BS spewing from the service advisor from there? Perfect example of how to self-limit a business.

DoctorEd

Nov 12, 2015 #1062634

your a total incompetent human being and have no right to live. First of all not everyone does that. I work at pep boys and most of the time the cars have no manufacture camber adjustments. If camber was off spec we will let the customer know that it needs after market camber bolts to adjust the camber back to spec. WHICH MEANS MORE LABOR AND MORE MONEYYY. most of time they say just do the toe. If the car does have camber adjustments its a piece of cake ... unless you get a piece of garbage rusty old van... which happens rarely.

3 3 Reply

Oct 24, 2015 #1053300

They broke my timing belt!! I am going to sue the *** out of them.Sincerely Horrez White.

1 2 Reply
The truth

Mar 02, 2016 #1121211 Pennsylvania, United States

Typical bring a lemon and want them to turn it into an apple. Admit it your to cheap to bring it to the dealer so instead bring it to pepboys to complain and try to get the repair for free STOP BEING CHEAP PEPBOYS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR POOR MAINTENANCE OF YOUR VEHICLE wawawawa

1 1 Reply

Nov 10, 2016 #1239010

Your a dumb *** which corporations love idiots like you. Your one of these dumb *** who just throw money at something instead of using common sense and logic to fix a problem.

Sep 01, 2015 #1028461

Yes, Pep Boys are only concerned with making them selves look good by how much money they bring in. My 2005 altima was running rough so i took it to them. I diagnosed my own car with a p0300 on the diagnostic tool. So I replaced the plugs with iridium ngk's at which the service manager claimed he cant give any help and coulndnt look at me in the eye, seemed very shady as he wasnt interesred in trying to help me. So I let them diagnose my car for $90. The just gave me the diagnostic I had already knew, random mid fires. So they quoted me $120 for each coil pack they said were bad, which is four. But looking on their website they were only $70. Then a talked to another service manager and brought up this issue, he said that's what pep boys does when you don't buy them seperately, and have them installed. That's $200 extra for nothing wtf? So I got a quote for $750 to replace the coils plus the $90 for the diagnostic I already knew. That's $840! I found 4 coil packs for $41.00 online and purchased them, spent 10 minutes installing them, problem solved that I already knew what was wrong. So Pep Boys tried to bend me over, overcharge me for parts for no reason and charge me $300 for labor that only takes 10 minutes. AVOID PEP BOYS AT ALL COSTS, THEY ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN MAKING MONEY, THEY WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CUSTOMERS. IF I KEEP 1 PERSON FROM GOING THERE I HAVE SERVED MY PURPOSE! PEP BOYS ARE RIP OFF ARTISTS!

3 1 Reply
nobody

Oct 29, 2015 #1055364

running rough so i took it to them. I diagnosed my own car with a p0300 on the diagnostic tool)So I replaced the plugs with iridium ngk's at which the service manager claimed he cant give any help and coulndnt look at me in the eye.
IF YOU already diag the car yourself. which you where wrong with your own diag tool. lol take it to the dealer next time see how much that cost.

2 0 Reply
joe

Oct 12, 2016 #1225859 Rochester, New York, United States

so how many gas caps can you replace before it fixes the rot hole in the filler neck???

Jan 15, 2016 #1095032

well i work at pep boys and those are all packaged deals like a labor charge for all cars to do the coils. some cars need additional access time to get to the coils some times they are right on top of the motor and only need one bolt and a clip. Also the coils you got online are more than likely *** from china that may fail on you. 840 is not a bad price for 4 good coils installed. best of luck with your new coils

Mar 02, 2016 #1121214 Pennsylvania, United States

*** YOU SAID YOU DID THE PLUGS NOT THE COILS. IF YOU DIAGNOSED IT WHY DID YOU DO THE DIAG. PO300 IS RANDOM MISFIRE AND DOES NOT TELL YOU WHAT IT IS GENIUS TYPICAL YOU TUBE TECH! ALL THE SUDDEN NOW YOUR A MECHANIC WOW ONLINE IS ALWAYS CHEAPER THAN IN STORE *** FOR EVERY COMPANY BUT YOU GET NO WARRANTY SO IF IT CrAPS OUT IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS YOU HAVE TO BUY THEM AGAIN DO THE MATH WINDOW LICKER

Mar 18, 2016 #1129687

There is something called labor. Each job calls for x ammount of labor. Peo boys typically doesnt even charge the labor hours the dealer does let alone the price per hour so yeah.... It takes alot less time than it calls for.. Just like 4 ford ball joints at ford pays 6 hours... It takes three the manufacturer sets those times not pep boys not the dealer they just refer to it. Know your *** before you speak. Yes list price is higher than shelf price it is what it is gtfo it.

Aug 03, 2015 #1015428

You just describe how deshonest and a *** grease monkey you are.

5 4 Reply
abbey

Feb 20, 2015 #948398 New York, New York, United States

actually since most Cars don't have a toe adjustment most toe adjustments don't get done. You are a ***

1 2 Reply

1-20 of 76 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.