Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
8.9K views 78 comments

I am a Pep Boys employee and I see first hand the ways they rip off the customer.From telling you your rotors are bad when they dont even have the tool to measure the run out on the rotors, to telling you your shocks are bad, and when you ask why they tell you that there is a small leak in the reservoir.

But what they actually did was puncture a hole in it with a nail. Also never get your alignment done at Pep boys, all they will give you is a toe and go, which means they dont do caster or camber just toe, which equates to you having to get new tires in about a year. I have seen the toe and go more times here they I have ever seen anywhere else and I have worked at two different pep boys and they all do it.

It actually sickens me to see this done.Someone please sue pep boys for this we have camera's out in the shops now and they keep camera data for 3 years , so if your tires go bad within a year contact pep boys support they have to show you the camera video, and if you see toe and go you can sue pep boys.

Review about: Auto Service.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Pep Boys?

Comments

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #1231522

U think that's bad!!!People check out the price of the part u get at the parts counter .....

then check out the price u pay if u get the part through the service desk...then have them explain the parts and labor warranty of it all if the part fails!!! What a total rip off!!!!!! Some high end *** thought of this!!!

The customer has no choice but to except this policy!!!!Don't take your car to this rip off facility!!!!

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1212933

I never knew a hydraulic shock absorber had a reservoir. How *** are you? I hope you never work on my truck.

Sylacauga, Alabama, United States #1210527

Well I'll say this about them.I took my car in for a new slave cylinder and clutch.

They put them in and when I got the car it was barely shifting. They told me I needed an adjustable master cylinder. So I bought one and they put it I for me. Then it started leaking, and the clutch started slipping after 4 days.

They assured me i had to "break in" the clutch and the leak was just from where they bled the lines. And that the jet black fluid coming from my car was just degreaser.. *** degreaser. A steady leak of degreaser?

I called their bosses boss and I am now getting all new parts and labor with no additional charge at with another mechanic. They told me my flywheel and clutch disc were burnt to ***. And that they messed up the rear transmission seal and that's why it was leaking. Moral of the story: Don't go to pep boys for anything other than new tires and mounting.

I can't believe I thought these "mechanics" could do anything other than brakes.With the exception of a hand full of techs that are with them of course.

Minus

Ihop serves pancakes alll day.

Chocolate Malted Crunch
Chino Hills, California, United States #1154578

Emergency Numbers

Use your emergency contacts like a Pep Boys 911 to quickly get answers to urgent questions. Remember to check Alerts before using these contacts.

Emergencies should never be sent in Help Ticket or Feedback.

You have an urgent matter with supplies, service equipment, your building or grounds, call Property Management's facilities service center at 1-888-545-8532

You have a Human Resources issue that can't be resolved, call the Associate Services Line at 1-800-233-3312

If there is an IT-related failure at your location and it needs to be fixed as soon as possible, call the IT Help Desk at 215-430-9555 If you suspect theft or illegal activity at Pep Boys, call the Refuse2Lose/Integrity Pays hotline at 1-800-PEP-1213 (1-800-737-1213) If there is an emergency at your location, i.e. a fire, injury, accident, etc., call the crisis hotline at 1-800-542-8526 If a reporter or any media company should contact you for an interview or story of any kind, you must first call Media Relations at 215-430-9447, for approval prior to any interaction with the media.

Your car broke its timing belt and ruined your engine so let's lie blame else where you took your car in for a reason the heap had a broken timing belt they had to do it your heap was perfect but good luck on a law suit stupidity against corporate lawyers let us know

Supid people
Reno, Nevada, United States #1094526

What a bitter employee I've worked at pepboys for almost 20 years and have never seen or witnessed anything like what he says they do,don't get me wrong pepboys sucks and the pay is terrible but don't make it sound like the techs are crooked and they do things to people's cars that's why they have cameras to catch employees like this guy from destroying your car.

I bought a Honda new, the dealer did 100% of the service work on it, there was not one mechanical fault when I gave it to my daughter.

She went to Pep Boys 4,000 miles later for an oil change and an inspection came up with $3200 of needed work, including $55.00 to change a burned out brake light bulb.

Can you smell the BS spewing from the service advisor from there? Perfect example of how to self-limit a business.

DoctorEd

your a total incompetent human being and have no right to live.First of all not everyone does that.

I work at pep boys and most of the time the cars have no manufacture camber adjustments. If camber was off spec we will let the customer know that it needs after market camber bolts to adjust the camber back to spec. WHICH MEANS MORE LABOR AND MORE MONEYYY. most of time they say just do the toe.

If the car does have camber adjustments its a piece of cake ...

unless you get a piece of garbage rusty old van...which happens rarely.

to DoctorEd #1306288

Stop ur lying for company u probably just as crooked everybody can't be lying ***