Covina, California

TOOK MY CAR TO PEP BOYS IN COVINA, CALIF. BECAUSE BRAKE PEDAL GOING TO THE FLOOR ON CAR.

THEY SAID I NEEDED A MASTER CYLINDER WHICH COST $500. AFTER REPLACING THE PART THE PEDAL WAS THE SAME. TOOK THE CAR BACK AND THEY GAVE ME A HARD TIME. THEY CHECKED IT OUT AFTER I REFUSED TO LEAVE AND TOLD ME IT WAS A DEFECTIVE PART!!TOLD ME THEY ORDERED PART AND TO BRING CAR BACK NEXT DAY.

I DROPPED OFF CAR NEXT DAY AND AFTER A FEW HOURS WENT TO CHECK ON IT AND THEY INFORMED ME PART WAS NOT ORDERED IN ERROR. SO NO ONE TOLD ME WHEN I DROPPED OFF MY CAR. THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WAS A DISASTER.

I HAVE OTHER FRIENDS WHO TOLD ME BEFORE NOT TO GO THERE. I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED.

Comments

wr400f250
Los Angeles, California, United States #709069

I highly doubt the part was defective, most likely they failed to bleed the brakes and check all slave cylinders before giving it back. But, the biggest reason not to have your brakes done at Pep Boys is because their parts are horrendously inferior.

They go pull the same parts they sell and use those, which are almost all junk.

If you must have them work on your car (which I don't recommend), go buy good parts from the dealer and have them use those. Then make sure they DID use your part when you get the car back.